Friday, January 7, 2011

What Happened to 'Rick Rocks'?

For a year and a half, every single Friday without fail, I posted about how Rick rocked in my life that week. It honestly wasn't very difficult to come up with things to say about him because he really is a great husband.

However, it occurred to me, and had been occurring to him for quite some time that ..."If I'm not showin' it, he's not knowin' it!"  I could say, in as many words as I wanted, how great I thought he was. But, if I hadn't made him feel great by my actions, they were just words. And sometimes they were even a slap in the face. I can be a grouch (shocker, I know) and it was difficult to believe I really felt the way I said I was feeling in my writing when I had been a grouch to him personally all week. By writing to him each week telling him how great he was, I had found a way that made it unnecessary to express it to him personally. I didn't do it on purpose, but that is ultimately what started to happen.

So, you won't be seeing regular "Rick Rocks" posts anymore, although I reserve the right to throw one in here and there. But the exercise was a good one .. it got me in the habit of looking for Rick's positive qualities. But instead of just writing about them, I am just going to do my darndest to make sure he knows every week how great he is to me and how much I appreciate and need him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!