Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The snow is almost melted. It was fun. We'll miss it!

I am thinking... about beaches. I'd love to be on one.

I am thankful ... that I have the opportunity to stay home with my family (and not work outside the home), so that I am available to take care of them when they are sick without the stress of having to take off work. I just don't know how two-income families and single parents do it today.

I am wearing... gray yoga pants, a striped long-sleeved t-shirt and my Hawaii zip-up hoodie.

I am planning... the next unit of Dawson's curriculum.

I am creating... Valentine's cards.

I am going... to run into town this morning and stock up on medicines. Brynne is sick and it's been so long since we have had anyone sick that my supplies are completed depleted or expired!

I am reading... A Woman after God's own Heart by Elizabeth George (a chapter a week), Love Letters from Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball (the last in the series), Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional), Meet Josefina by Valerie Tripp (Brynne's read-aloud) and The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare (Dawson's read-aloud).

I am hoping... that Brynne gets to feeling better, and that my mom and dad's offer on the house they want to buy in Pensacola gets accepted!

Scripture I'm memorizing ... "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me ... Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." ~ Psalm 51:10-11

From the learning rooms... Brynne is learning from the couch this week, at a slow pace, because she is sick. Eli's grade has now divided their kids up for phonics into three groups based on skill level. I was so glad to hear that he has all of the concepts down, so he will be staying with his teacher (who does not have the lowest skill class). Dawson is at peace again and has really been showing me some good effort and good attitude. Kyndal completed the rough draft of her report on Carrie Underwood and it was longer than it was supposed to be!

Noticing that ... Brynne didn't eat anything yesterday but about 10 pringles. Today I'm going to push foods and liquids.

From the kitchen... We're having yummy french dip sandwiches tonight, with a sirloin steak I got on markdown. Yum!

Around the house... are dead plants and flowers that I need to get cleaned out of my pots to get the pots ready for Spring that will be here before you know it!

One of my favorite things... is homeschooling. Really, I love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Another pretty quiet week. Kyndal is going to a concert on Saturday night. Other than that, the calendar is once again clear!

From my picture journal.

I just think he's adorable!

Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



4 comments:

  1. Hope your little beauty feels better soon! Its just horrible when your kiddos are sick :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Woman after God's own Heart by Elizabeth George" ... brought back memories. I read some of this to my mother when she was in the hospital. Good book.

    "Kyndal completed the rough draft of her report on Carrie Underwood and it was longer than it was supposed to be!" ... don't you love it when that happens & want to scream!? (yet, know you need to keep it cool so the kids don't roll their eyes?) *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Brynne feels better soon! And, yes, Eli sure is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Brynne is feeling better soon & that the rest of your family stays well. Are your parents relocating or buying a vacation home?

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!