Thursday, January 13, 2011

Backstreet's Back .. ALRIGHT!

On November 18, 1999, I took Kyndal to see Backstreet Boys for her 5th birthday. Yes, she was that into BSB even at that young age. My mom and I didn't think they were half bad, either, and we had more fun than she did. But she beamed for weeks after that concert. We still talk about it today!


Backstreet Boys have given this mom and her teenaged daughter a commonality now for over 10 years. Sometimes we plug Kyndal's ipod into the speaker in the kitchen and just jam out to them.

Even before BSB was warming the heart of a 5 year old girl (and her mama), New Kids on the Block was warming the heart of my sister. My sister was the biggest NKOTB geek fan! I wasn't into them quite as much as her, but she still has their posters and things.


So ..... on July 17th my sister and niece and my daughter and I will be in Section 111 of the BOK Center in Tulsa jamming out to NKOTBSB!!  Yes! The combined concert of New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys! Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me! The pre-sale tickets are gone nationwide (which we are the lucky recipients of) and regular tickets go on sale Saturday morning. If you want to go ... get online and get 'em before they're gone!!


If you happen to be at the concert on that date, we'll be the old gals acting like a couple of ridiculous teenagers next to the two actual teenagers who are completely humiliated. Oh, wait, that will be the majority of the ampitheatre. Never mind.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! A friend "dragged" me to see NKOTB in October of 2009. I was never into them much either back in the day, I was a bit older than most of their fans, but I had fun that night. They put on a great show! They did a portion of the show on a rotating stage in the middle of the theater that was not far from our seats. My friend was able to get over there and touch one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to NKOTB a couple years ago. So much fun!!!!! You will enjoy it.

    I was thinking about getting tickets to the show here this summer.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!