Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... Are Eli and Brynne swimming in my parents' pool.

I am thinking... about the poor dog that is in a pen next door to my parents' new house, who is totally neglected, and how I hope that Dawson is able to get his pen in some kind of order and that my family is able to take good care of him when they move in. (The people should be turned in for animal cruelty.)

I am thankful ... that my grandma is adjusting so well to her new home and that my mom seems to have had a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.

I am wearing... "My Marriage Still Rocks" t-shirt, track shorts and tennis shoes.

I am planning... to go to my grandma's this afternoon to go through her house and get together all of her family treasures. She wants to make sure everything (pictures and heirlooms) is taken care of and has asked me to do it.

I am creating...  pretty new things at my mom and dad's new house they are moving into this week .. curtains hung, rugs purchased, mulch laid.

I am going... to run up to my sister's salon in an hour and get my hair cut and colored.

I am reading...  Blue Like Play Dough by Tricia Goyer, The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller, Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson (homeschool play group moms book study), and More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).

I am hoping... that Dawson is enjoying working with his Papa today, and that the two of them have a good opportunity to bond through work over the next couple of weeks.

From the learning rooms... absolutely not a thing this week. We are on a mini-vacation at my parents'.

Noticing that ... my grandma seems about 15 years younger in just the few days she has been in the nursing home.

From the kitchen... tonight it's Spaghetti at mom and dad's. I had lunch at the nursing home with my grandma today. It just so happened to be chili cheese spaghetti. I'm certainly getting my carbs today.

Around the house... things are packed up and/or moved for the most part. My parents are moving next weekend.

One of my favorite things... Watching my kids love their grandparents.

A few plans for the rest of the week... We are going back home tomorrow. On Wednesday we will be doing laundry, cleaning house, getting back into our groove. On Thursday night we are going to have some watermelon with friends. On Friday we are going to see Cars 2 with our Homeschool Co-op. And we have no plans for the weekend. Dawson and Kyndal are staying here at my parents' for the next 10 days.

From my picture journal.

 My kids with my grandma on the 4th of July.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic and great memories for your kiddos. Be safe traveling back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the doggie has some some water and all.

    glad your grandma is getting better and liking where she is at.

    and on a side note only 11 more days till NKOTBSB concert for me!!!! :) happy happy days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!