Outside my window... The sprinklers are running, trying to keep all our bushes from scorching from the sun and drought.
I am thinking... about "stinkin' thinkin'". Have you ever really paid attention to the negative thoughts and complaining that you do? I did this morning on my run and it was shocking to realize.
I am thankful ... for my home and it's protection over my family from the heat.
I am wearing... white sleeveless t-shirt, black running shorts, tennis shoes.
I am planning... I'm always planning. There's Brynne's birthday (next month), Eli's birthday (in December), a trip to Florida (this fall or winter), Rick and my trip to Springield to celebrate our anniversary, homeschool curriculum, notebooks and schedules, meals, homeschool Co-op fun days, etc., etc., etc.
I am creating... an American History masterpiece, and I'm half-way done.
I am going... to brave the heat this morning and take the kids to the water park for a couple of hours. Pretty sad that you have to plan to go before it gets too hot!
I am reading... Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller, Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson (homeschool play group moms book study), and More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).
I am hoping... that Rick's last week at his job goes smoothly and that he enJOYS his new job he starts on the 25th!!
From the learning rooms... back to our reading schedule. Having a 'lax couple of weeks was not good for Eli. He was a bear yesterday when it was time to read and struggled all the way through it!
Noticing that ... the mama bird is no longer in the nest on our back porch, after she spent so much time building it and sitting in it for a couple of weeks. I need to climb up there and see what the deal is.
From the kitchen... Last night we had grilled burritos with fresh jalapenos and Spanish rice. It was so good! Here's what's on the menu for the next few days. (My older two kids, sister and niece are coming on Saturday, so I'll be shopping for the weekend and next week on Friday. I don't have my meals planned yet.)
Tuesday ~ Reverse stuffed peppers
Wednesday ~ Fend for Yourself/Wine Wednesday
Thursday ~ Talapia with garden veggies and long-grain rice
Around the house... are beautiful flowers and greenery and bushes due to heavy watering. (See, I'm being positive. I almost typed "dead grass, scorched trees and flowers begging for water.")
One of my favorite things... Having people tell me how well-behaved and enjoyable my kids are.
I am hoping... that Rick's last week at his job goes smoothly and that he enJOYS his new job he starts on the 25th!!
From the learning rooms... back to our reading schedule. Having a 'lax couple of weeks was not good for Eli. He was a bear yesterday when it was time to read and struggled all the way through it!
Noticing that ... the mama bird is no longer in the nest on our back porch, after she spent so much time building it and sitting in it for a couple of weeks. I need to climb up there and see what the deal is.
From the kitchen... Last night we had grilled burritos with fresh jalapenos and Spanish rice. It was so good! Here's what's on the menu for the next few days. (My older two kids, sister and niece are coming on Saturday, so I'll be shopping for the weekend and next week on Friday. I don't have my meals planned yet.)
Tuesday ~ Reverse stuffed peppers
Wednesday ~ Fend for Yourself/Wine Wednesday
Thursday ~ Talapia with garden veggies and long-grain rice
Around the house... are beautiful flowers and greenery and bushes due to heavy watering. (See, I'm being positive. I almost typed "dead grass, scorched trees and flowers begging for water.")
One of my favorite things... Having people tell me how well-behaved and enjoyable my kids are.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Today we are braving the water park for a couple of hours. Tomorrow we have our Homeschool Co-op Playgroup. On Thursday and Friday, Eli and Brynne are going to a Mad Science camp all day. Kyndal and Dawson come home on Saturday with my sister and niece who are staying for almost a week. And on Sunday us girls are going to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert!!
From my picture journal.
My mom and dad's cute new house they moved into this past weekend. The inside is adorable!!
My mom and dad's cute new house they moved into this past weekend. The inside is adorable!!
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

I know you've got mixed emotions about your folks moving but I LOVE LOVE LOVE their new one. What character! Of course, being the same age as your folks, we most likely think along the same terms...smaller and less to keep up with. One of these days you'll feel the same. I'm happy for them and know you'll build many new memories in this house.
ReplyDeleteI know it is hot but it won't last
ReplyDeletecan't wait for NKOTBSB :) only 4 days for me!!!! :)
Congrats on Rick's new job!
are you still teaching the online law class??
That house is cute! I hope that Rick loves his new job!
ReplyDelete