Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The sun is going down, but it's still 100 degrees outside.

I am thinking... about what a difference this week as been in comparison to last week. We've had a pretty empty house for a couple of weeks with not much activity. This week, our house is full and things are going on every day and night!

I am thankful ... that my sister is here for a visit this week and staying with the kids while Rick and I go away for a night to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (that was last month).

I am wearing... a white t-shirt and denim capris.

I am planning... Brynne's birthday skating party.

I am creating...  a Sunflower day tomorrow for Brynne and her three friends.

I am going... to really enjoy sleeping tonight. I am tired!

I am reading...  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller, Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson (homeschool play group moms book study), and More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).

I am hoping... that the temperature starts to drop SOON!!

From the learning rooms... We haven't done anything of the school variety this week. We are going to do a Sunflower study tomorrow, but I have completely fallen off the reading wagon with the little two because of all of the activity we have had this week.

Noticing that ... I haven't really been in the mood to blog much this week, when it's typically the thing I look forward to most in my day.

From the kitchen... I've cooked the last couple of nights, but the rest of the week will include easy food.

Around the house... it almost looks like fall because the leaves on the trees are scorching and falling off.

One of my favorite things... sitting with Dawson in the waiting area at Brynne's dance camp this evening with the two of us each reading a book.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tomorrow we have some Co-op friends coming over for the day. On Thursday, Rick and I are going to Springfield, Missouri, to celebrate our anniversary. Then this weekend we are just hanging out and calming down after a busy week.

From my picture journal.

Kyndal, me, my sister Kristen, and my niece Rylee before the NKOTBSB concert


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. What do you think about "Water For Elephants" so far? Just wondering if you had the same opinion I did.

    Try to stay cool. I can't imagine 100 degrees at night (It's been a while since I lived in the south)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great visit with your sister, and a great time away with Rick! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!