I've mentioned that my parents sold their house and are moving into their new one this weekend. They have been in their house for 14 years. Dawson was about 9 months old when they were moving in.
It holds special memories for me because my kids have grown up in that house. Some very significant events occurred while they were living there.
The kids will definitely most miss their pool and "their" basement. But they will also miss this porch swing. Dawson used to sleep in it at night. Many naps have been taken there. Snuggling up with Grandma and Aunt Rhonda occurred frequently. And Eli and Brynne love to cuddle up on it and watch t.v. The people who bought the house wanted the swing and my mom agreed.
As we were leaving on Wednesday, I had the little kids take one last picture in front of the house.
Bittersweet. There are many memories now to be made at their cute little new house in town and their house in Pensacola. But I hope the kids remember all of the great times in this house. Great times, indeed.
Oh, that's difficult. I was sad when my parents moved from their last house, due to all the memories, and they were only in it for 3 years!
ReplyDelete