Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NKOTBSB



On Sunday night my sister, daughter, niece and I went to see New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys in concert. Let me just say this ... I had WAY more fun than a woman my age should have, and I hope I didn't embarrass my daughter too much! It was FABULOUS!! I loved every second of it and was bummed when it was over! If they are still on their way to your city, and you were a fan in your past (or still are, like me), then GO to that concert!!






The other part that was so cool is that it gave this mom and her teenage daughter something to celebrate together! Twelve years ago I took Kyndal to see Backstreet Boys ... on her 5th birthday! She's always been a music fanatic, and she loved Backstreet Boys. We wore out a VHS copy of a Disney concert they put on. At the concert she and I sang and hugged and laughed and screamed. It was such a great night for us. If you have a teenage daughter, with a job and car and friends, then you know how precious this time was.


And it was also fun that my sister and niece were here to share it with us. It was a true girls night out! We went earlier that day and bought some fun new clothes and shoes and just really lived it up. My sister was a huge New Kids fan as a young teenager, so she and I had some real memories going on!



The girls are still laughing about all that went on that night. My sister and I are still recovering.

It was just an amazing night!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I was a fan way back when...for sure! Sounds like you all made the most of it. I noticed all the similiar shoes. ;) So awesome to connect and share this with your daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome time. They were here last night. I had a ton of friends that went. My kids are too young to know who they were.
    I sent you an email,but in case you didn't get it...thank you for the coupons. That was very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You all looked beautiful and so happy to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I had WAY more fun than a woman my age should have"

    What's that supposed to mean? There's no reason a woman "your age" can't have a little fun!!

    Glad you all enjoyed your night out and you got to spend some quality time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!