Today's post is about Eli. He's just had a couple of things happen this week that I wanted to share.
First, he lost "number 6". It was just dangling by one tiny piece and he didn't want anyone to pull it. He is usually able to get his teeth out by pushing with his tongue. Rick "plinked" it out without him even knowing he had done it.
Doesn't he look cute?? (Although I always seem to take a picture of him first thing in the morning, right after he has had his crazy hair wetted down and he insists on slicking it over. Once it dries it's a shaggy cute. And I couldn't get him to give me a regular smile. He was just jutting out his teeth.) He lost that tooth just in time for his 2nd grade school picture. I LOOOOOOVE the 2nd grade school pictures with no front teeth. All my kids have them!
It does make me sad, though, because once those big gangly teeth grow in it will completely change the entire look of his face. And my baby Eli will be gone. Although he is kind of already gone because all of a sudden this week he insists on calling his daddy, "Dad". It won't be long and I'll just be "Mom". And then he'll be driving.
On a happier note, Eli has also taken an extreme liking to bowling! In fact, we looked into putting him in a bowling league. Our local bowling alley was advertising a Tuesday evening league, and we thought it would be a great thing for Rick and him to do together. But then we found out they weren't going to have that league and the only one available was a Saturday morning league that was three games, with instructors, etc., PBA sanctioned (or something like that). I was tempted to sign him up because they were to get an authentic bowling shirt. But I was just afraid he would get overwhelmed with all that. Sooooo, we decided that Rick would take Eli bowling, just the two of them, on Tuesday evenings and teach him some things.
His first night was last night. Rick let him bowl however he wanted on the first game and he bowled about a 75, with bumpers. For the second game Rick gave him some instruction. He still had bumpers, but barely used them, and bowled a 126!!! Rick only beat him by 10 pins! He was so excited! He called me squealing and talking so fast I couldn't hardly understand him. It's going to be such a great thing for them to do together. (And "Dad" is just as excited as Eli.)
And Eli is loving 2nd grade. He loves it because there is NO HOMEWORK!! Mom loves it for that reason, too.
He is growing up too fast. I love him so much my heart hurts.
What great memories these Tuesday bowling nights will create. Sounds like you may have a little ace on your hands.
ReplyDelete