Outside my window... It's overcast and a tad cooler, yet still humid.
I am thinking... about Brynne's school day. I think (already) that it's too much work, not enough fun. She is a brain, no doubt. But she's SIX for goodness sake (just barely) and I need to remember that. I think I'm going to change a thing or two.
I am thankful ... for the excellent attitudes that are around here.
I am wearing... track shorts, a Grand Tetons t-shirt (oh, how I wish I was in the Tetons right now!) and tennis shoes. With our new school schedule, I don't get ready for the day until about 9:00 a.m.
I am planning... to change Brynne's history lessons and schedule. I think I'm going to go with a States study and have two days of that and two days of science, instead of one.
I am creating... balance (hopefully).
I am going... to go to the library this afternoon and look through all of the books on the states and see what would be a good fit for Brynne. (I am also going to cut myself some slack about abandoning a curriculum that I spent ALL SUMMER creating, remembering that I have lots and lots of years left to school Brynne, and eventually Eli, and that curriculum will be just as good then as now. And, I'll be thankful that it's already prepared.)
I am reading... Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner, Blood on the River by Elisa Carbone, More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).
I am hoping... that Kyndal has a better day today. Yesterday was very confusing for her and she missed the bus to Tech. She had to drive to Tulsa by herself, with me giving her directions over the phone. She was late. She's got everything figured out now, though, so she should be good to go today. (also, she is very happy with school right now!)
From the learning rooms... We are crazy busy! Kyndal told me last night that she is excited about Algebra II because she has a great teacher! She has not had good math teachers in the past. Dawson has had the best attitude when it comes to school. He's been a joy to be around! Eli was thrilled yesterday to learn that his best bud is still in his class after they added a new teacher and moved some students out. And I am just working poor Brynne to death and I need to scale it down and make it more fun. It's hard for me to remember that she is just a little girl, when she's so stinkin' smart and into school.
Noticing that ... my eye sight is getting worse and worse. I can't wait to get to the eye doctor and get some glasses.
From the kitchen... Last night I cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks, seasoned them with garlic salt and pepper (heavily), wrapped them with a half piece of turkey bacon, baked at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes, and served with ranch dressing. Oh my goodness ... Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!
Around the house... is grass that actually needs mowed! We've had a good deal of rain the past week or so. Oklahoma weather is so weird.
One of my favorite things... is seeing my kids excited about something: Eli about getting to go bowling with his daddy tonight; Dawson about something he read and about learning something on his guitar; Kyndal about her cosmetology program; Brynne about getting to "do" nature. I love that sparkle that lights up in their eyes.
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are sticking pretty close to home now because of school. Kyndal works a couple of nights this week, Rick and Eli are going bowling tonight (we opted for them doing this on Tuesday evenings together instead of Eli joining a league), and I'm going to play Bunco with our Homeschool Co-op moms on Thursday night. Rick's hoping to get in some golf this weekend. Otherwise, we're trying to concentrate on getting into our school schedule.
I am hoping... that Kyndal has a better day today. Yesterday was very confusing for her and she missed the bus to Tech. She had to drive to Tulsa by herself, with me giving her directions over the phone. She was late. She's got everything figured out now, though, so she should be good to go today. (also, she is very happy with school right now!)
From the learning rooms... We are crazy busy! Kyndal told me last night that she is excited about Algebra II because she has a great teacher! She has not had good math teachers in the past. Dawson has had the best attitude when it comes to school. He's been a joy to be around! Eli was thrilled yesterday to learn that his best bud is still in his class after they added a new teacher and moved some students out. And I am just working poor Brynne to death and I need to scale it down and make it more fun. It's hard for me to remember that she is just a little girl, when she's so stinkin' smart and into school.
Noticing that ... my eye sight is getting worse and worse. I can't wait to get to the eye doctor and get some glasses.
From the kitchen... Last night I cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks, seasoned them with garlic salt and pepper (heavily), wrapped them with a half piece of turkey bacon, baked at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes, and served with ranch dressing. Oh my goodness ... Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!
Around the house... is grass that actually needs mowed! We've had a good deal of rain the past week or so. Oklahoma weather is so weird.
One of my favorite things... is seeing my kids excited about something: Eli about getting to go bowling with his daddy tonight; Dawson about something he read and about learning something on his guitar; Kyndal about her cosmetology program; Brynne about getting to "do" nature. I love that sparkle that lights up in their eyes.
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are sticking pretty close to home now because of school. Kyndal works a couple of nights this week, Rick and Eli are going bowling tonight (we opted for them doing this on Tuesday evenings together instead of Eli joining a league), and I'm going to play Bunco with our Homeschool Co-op moms on Thursday night. Rick's hoping to get in some golf this weekend. Otherwise, we're trying to concentrate on getting into our school schedule.
From my picture journal.
Nature study
Nature study
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

I'm lost. I'm sure you mentioned it at some point but I missed it and I'm lost. Why are some kids in public school and some not? :) As a brand new homeschooling mama this year... I need to know!
ReplyDelete