Outside my window... The heat index is only 109 degrees (at 6:30 p.m.). That's good considering the recorded temperature is actually 112 degrees. It's only projected to be 117 degrees tomorrow.
I am thinking... about school, school, school.
I am thankful ... that my Aunt Rhonda has learned that her breast cancer may not be cancer, after all, but appears to be late-stage precancerous cells. She is now weighing her options of what she should do.
I am wearing... a black and tan striped cotton skirt, a black t-shirt and black flip flops.
I am planning... Brynne's birthday party. Well, at least I should be since it's in 11 days!
I am creating... the last few units of our U.S. History curriculum. Hoping to get it done by the time school starts! I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel!
I am going... to do all I can do to keep my flowers and bushes alive and what remains of my garden. That's hard to do with scorching temps and water rationing.
I am reading... Escape by Barbara Delinsky, More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).
I am hoping... for temps under 100 degrees soon!
From the learning rooms... Absolutely nothing this week. We are trying to have some fun before Eli has to go back to school. Next week we may do a little more reading and some math facts just to get our brains moving agian.
Noticing that ... I'm actually 40.
From the kitchen... It is so stinking hot that turning on the oven bums me out. But, I must carry one!
Around the house... things are in pretty good shape. The house is pretty clean, pretty organized and is, at least, keeping my stress minimal as we head into our busy season!
One of my favorite things... is the excitement of school starting!
I am hoping... for temps under 100 degrees soon!
From the learning rooms... Absolutely nothing this week. We are trying to have some fun before Eli has to go back to school. Next week we may do a little more reading and some math facts just to get our brains moving agian.
Noticing that ... I'm actually 40.
From the kitchen... It is so stinking hot that turning on the oven bums me out. But, I must carry one!
Around the house... things are in pretty good shape. The house is pretty clean, pretty organized and is, at least, keeping my stress minimal as we head into our busy season!
One of my favorite things... is the excitement of school starting!
A few plans for the rest of the week... we are so busy! Tomorrow, Dawson and I are working at our church's Back-to-School Mission. On Thursday, I am enrolling Eli in school and then we are meeting friends for bowling. On Friday, we are going to a company picnic at the zoo for Rick's new company. And then on Saturday we have our Co-op Back-to-School bash at a pool in a nearby town.
From my picture journal.
This is what I wish it was doing right now. I would lay face down in it.
This is what I wish it was doing right now. I would lay face down in it.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


THANK YOU for the snow picture....it hit 109 here yesterday too and looking at the snow gave me some much needed hope. I checked and see that you all were even hotter than Dallas yesterday. Take care of yourselves!
ReplyDelete