Outside my window... The grass is greener, and even had to be mowed, after three or four days in a row of much-needed rain!
I am thinking... about how giddy I am about school, and the routine it brings, and my favorite shows coming back on soon, and fall temps, and fall holidays, and jeans with jackets. Yeah, I'm ready for fall.
I am thankful ... for cooler temps!
I am wearing... Nike t-shirt and track shorts, tennis shoes.
I am planning... 1st Day of School breakfast.
I am creating... Still on those last three units of our U.S. History curriculum, but I'm not stressed. I have the the whole year planned through Spring Break. I'll catch up those last three units soon.
I am going... to take Brynne to get a "big girl" haircut today. She doesn't want to wear bows anymore, and likes to wear it down, so I want it to have a cute style.
I am reading... Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner, More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).
I am hoping... that Dawson is feeling better today. I finally broke down and took him to urgent care last night because he was still coughing and miserable. He doesn't have pneumonia, like we feared, but does have a sinus infection. The drugs and good cough medicine should have him back to normal soon.
From the learning rooms... Oh my gosh school starts in two days! I am so excited! Brynne and I are going to the library today so she can check out some books to read in her personal reading time. I am meeting with Eli's teacher and his IEP supervisor today to talk about his year.
Noticing that ... my husband is feeling neglected from all my busyness. Not allowing that to happen is a priority to me. It is wrong to allow my day to get so busy that when he calls me and needs help from me that I have to figure out how/if I can do it. It happens all too easily, doesn't it ladies? I am his helpmeet, first and foremost. I need to be constantly aware of that. Without him and his sacrifices and hard work, I wouldn't have the privilege to have all of this busyness that I enjoy.
From the kitchen... Back to a more strict meal plan. Used carrots from my garden last night to add to some chicken and noodles. I received my latest issue of Woman's Day magazine today. The cover has "34 Budget Friendly Family Dinners". I am think of doing an experiment and trying every one of those meals and writing reviews on them. Might help break up the monotany of my cooking!
Around the house... are new school supplies and school clothes. The kids that will be utilizing them are all soaking in their last couple of days of summer by sleeping in, laying around in their pj's, playing Wii and watching t.v.
One of my favorite things... is having good talks with my teenagers. Dawson and I got to spend some significant time together yesterday because of his trip to the doctor. We talked a lot. To connect with Kyndal, I am planning to do a "Titus 2sday" Starbucks night with her the first Tuesday of each month, just to chat and spend time together.
I am hoping... that Dawson is feeling better today. I finally broke down and took him to urgent care last night because he was still coughing and miserable. He doesn't have pneumonia, like we feared, but does have a sinus infection. The drugs and good cough medicine should have him back to normal soon.
From the learning rooms... Oh my gosh school starts in two days! I am so excited! Brynne and I are going to the library today so she can check out some books to read in her personal reading time. I am meeting with Eli's teacher and his IEP supervisor today to talk about his year.
Noticing that ... my husband is feeling neglected from all my busyness. Not allowing that to happen is a priority to me. It is wrong to allow my day to get so busy that when he calls me and needs help from me that I have to figure out how/if I can do it. It happens all too easily, doesn't it ladies? I am his helpmeet, first and foremost. I need to be constantly aware of that. Without him and his sacrifices and hard work, I wouldn't have the privilege to have all of this busyness that I enjoy.
From the kitchen... Back to a more strict meal plan. Used carrots from my garden last night to add to some chicken and noodles. I received my latest issue of Woman's Day magazine today. The cover has "34 Budget Friendly Family Dinners". I am think of doing an experiment and trying every one of those meals and writing reviews on them. Might help break up the monotany of my cooking!
Around the house... are new school supplies and school clothes. The kids that will be utilizing them are all soaking in their last couple of days of summer by sleeping in, laying around in their pj's, playing Wii and watching t.v.
One of my favorite things... is having good talks with my teenagers. Dawson and I got to spend some significant time together yesterday because of his trip to the doctor. We talked a lot. To connect with Kyndal, I am planning to do a "Titus 2sday" Starbucks night with her the first Tuesday of each month, just to chat and spend time together.
A few plans for the rest of the week... today is Brynne's haircut. Then I meet with Eli's teacher to discuss his year and his needs. Tomorrow Eli gets to take his school supplies to school and meet his teacher. On Thursday, WE START SCHOOL (both at home and public school)!! The teacher/mama is more excited than the students, I assure you! Brynne has her first Co-op activities for the new year on Friday, and then her and I will do our grocery shopping. Rick is headed to Reno, NV, this weekend to attend a party for his brother and his unit that recently got back from Afghanistan. The kids and I will be vegging ... definitely!!!
From my picture journal.
A happy little girl with her daddy at her birthday party. Yesterday she went to Build-a-Bear and adopted "Holly" the "Hot Dog" (weenie dog). She is in love.
A happy little girl with her daddy at her birthday party. Yesterday she went to Build-a-Bear and adopted "Holly" the "Hot Dog" (weenie dog). She is in love.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

my oldest has buddy the hot dog (well she named it buddy) and got the hot dog costume :) he/she is cute. my youngest got greenzy the panda.
ReplyDeletehope dawson feels better soon
post those recipes and reviews I'd love to read about them, and try to make them for hubby and the girls (and see if I can make them vegan for me)
we are doing our saturdays states study tomorrow :)
shannon