Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Slow cook a roast of your choice (about 4-5 pounds). I put three our four slits in my roast and stuff in a piece of fresh garlic, then add about 6 cups of water, 4-6 beef bouillon cubes, and some finely chopped onion.
About two hours before mealtime, remove the roast from the crockpot and cut it in half (or so). Cut into small pieces. (Reserve the other half for Recipe #2). Drain the majority of your broth off, except for about a cup or so. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a 16 oz. container of sour cream. Mix well. Add chopped roast and stir.
Cook a package of egg noodles according to package instructions. Add to mixture in crockpot. Cook on Warm until dinnertime.
BBQ Beef and Cheddar Wraps
Later in the week, pull out that reserved half of roast. Shred it into small pieces and put in crockpot. Cover with BBQ sauce. Slow cook on low/warm for a few hours.
At mealtime, warm a tortilla shell, add BBQ beef, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese, roll and eat.
My husband loves to add fresh, sliced jalapenos from the garden for some extra kick.
Mary has other great meal ideas on her blog. Go check them out for some inspiration! I'm headed there now.

Oh, this sounds really yummy! I love my crock pot. I should use it more in the summer. I guess my grill is the summer default easy meal and my crock pot is my easy fall/winter/spring default.
ReplyDeleteGreat recipes! Thanks for linking... your blog looks great, by the way!!
ReplyDelete