Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... Well, just when we get teased with a couple of days in the cool mid-90's ... WHAM! 103 degrees today and 105 degrees tomorrow. Yippee.

I am thinking... about how badly I need a good sweating exercise session! I know I would feel better with more of that.

I am thankful ... for September coming up. I am dreaming of Fall.

I am wearing... my jammies and robe. I apparently forgot to turn on my alarm to get up to exercise this morning, so missed that part of my day.

I am planning... a geography study for the older kids at Co-op.

I am creating...  my Christmas list.

I am going... to Missouri this weekend to visit my parents. I am excited to see their new house completely re-done, to see my grandma, and to just chill.

I am reading...  A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young, Blood on the River by Elisa Carbone (Dawson's read-a-loud), lots of books each day with Eli and Brynne,  More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).

I am hoping... to find a way to gain a little energy. I am working so hard, but am eating well, drinking lots of water, exercising (not as consistent as I would like), getting adequate sleep, but I am still a zombie by about 6:00 p.m. It feels worse than it has in the past.

From the learning rooms... We are just learning so much! Kyndal is in the full swing of cosmetology school now. She really likes it a lot! She is trying to find balance between her school classes, cosmetology, working and friends. It's tough. Dawson had his first guitar lesson yesterday. I think he is really going to enjoy it! He is finding that his weaker subjects, Biology and Algebra, are intense this year, and he's not liking it too much. Eli is doing some fun stuff at school, and doing lots of reading. I have seen so much improvement in his reading! He is reading a book each night, once to me and then again to Rick. At this rate he'll have 100 books read by Christmas break. THAT would be something! And Brynne, oh Brynne. I imagine she is why I am so tired. She accomplishes so much and wants to do so much more. We do so much math, reading, notebooking, art, crafts, science .. it's just constant! She is so smart.

Noticing that ... I have been sooooo tired this past week! It's going to take me a bit to get used to all of the daily activity.

From the kitchen... Here are some pizza muffins I made for Bunco the other night, at the suggestion of my friend, Amy. They were so good and so easy!


Just pinch off some refrigerated pizza dough (in the tube) and stuff into a mini-muffin pan. Spoon on a bit of pizza sauce. Finely chop pepperonis and sprinkle some on (I cut mine up in my electric mini-chopper) and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.

Around the house... it's peaceful and quiet. Everyone is sleeping (except Rick and Kyndal who are already gone). I soak in these last moments before the day explodes into a hotbed of activity.

One of my favorite things... is this time, right now. So quiet. So peaceful. All I hear is the whir of the ceiling fan and the tick of the clock.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today is our busy day! After school, Eli and Brynne have Boys' Club and Girls' Club in a nearby town. Then immediately after we are done, I will drop Eli off at the bowling alley to bowl with Rick. On Friday, me and three of the kids are going to Missouri for the weekend. Rick is staying home to dog sit and play golf. Dawson is staying home so he can go on a youth float trip. We've got Co-op that morning and then will head to the grocery store. And we get our first day off from school on Monday for Labor Day. Yea! We already need a break!

From my picture journal.

Our little cosmetology student.

Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. The Pizza Muffins look fabulous. I'm going to try that for our Friday Night / Family Night this week.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza muffins look really good!
    I hope you have a great trip this weekend. Hopefully the weather cools down soon too!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!