Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3 in 30 ~ Spend What I Have


It's the last day of February. How have I done on my 3 in 30 Goals? Yeah. I stink at the 3 in 30. I really just stink at goal setting. I have determined that I am a "Spend What I Have" kind of girl. Let me explain.

With money, I have tried so many times to make a plan to save! But, I always find that I spend exactly what I have. I try to plan ahead by keeping some of my budgeted money to carry over to the next month in case we need it. I always fail.

With my time, I'm the same way. I try to plan ahead, set goals. But I am typically not successful. I can have a plan to do one project per week in the summer, and even write down what I plan to do. But when the time comes to do it, I find that it's not the right time. I have tried to plan ahead for a time that never seems to arrive.

My days are pretty packed to the max. I only have time to do what I have time to do at that moment. I spend the time that I have, when I have it. I just can't seem to find the room for EXTRA time to do EXTRA pre-planned things.

If I am planning a birthday party, I can have great intentions to work the weeks ahead and get everything done. But, realistically, I will be up late the night before doing all of the major projects. I do this with Halloween costumes, school projects (usually printing/prepping right before we are getting started), packing for a trip, etc.

If we are going out of town for  a week and I want the house cleaned and other certain things done before we go, I will inevitably be doing all of that the morning before we leave.

I don't know why this is. It just is.

So, with the 3 in 30, I have failed.

I have made my morning time more of a priority, but that is just because I have worked it into my regular daily routine. It's now normal.

I haven't printed ONE PICTURE that I wanted to print. Why? There hasn't been that magical 12 hours I have needed to sit down and do it.

And, I wanted to be more intentional about my intimacy with my family. Planning for intimacy just doesn't work. Really, it's more about just following through at the moment that an opportunity arises. Spending my emotions when I have them.

So, I say all of this to say, I am abandoning 3 in 30 AGAIN! I lasted a whole two months. I can only spend what I have, whether it be money or time, and I don't have much of either. So, I'll just work to make my best use of both, when they are available to me, and hope for the best!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya I think most of us are like that :)

    wish me luck at Aldi's tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to this post!!! I have lofty goals, yet never seem to accomplish them in a timely manner!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!