I'm sitting here on the couch watching the Grammy's, after spending the last hour or so pretty teared up over the passing of Whitney Houston. Wow. How sad.
What a classy beginning to the Grammy's by LL Cool J, leading the world in prayer.
And, dang, Bruno Mars is a spunky fellow, huh?
Anyway. This was a great weekend. My kind of weekend. No bells and whistles. No major activities. Just fairly relaxing and productive and then more relaxing.
Every six weeks or so I hit a Friday were I am just WIPED OUT! In fact, I am certain that I am coming down with a cold or something. Thankfully, we typically don't have a lot of things planned on Friday nights, so I am able to just rest. And that, consequently, is usually just what I need. In fact, I usually have to feel that bad in order to just STOP! And that's how I was Friday. I started feeling down by mid-morning, and by mid-afternoon I was taking a nap on the couch. I really didn't leave the couch all night, and by Saturday I was feeling much better.
Of course, that might have had something to do with the fact that I slept until 9:30 a.m. Ahhhh .......
We took it easy most of the morning, and then early afternoon I headed out to do some grocery shopping. Rick and the kids stayed in their jammies and vegged, which I count as being oh-so-important in this world that seems to think we need to be busy all .. the .. time !!
When I got home, Rick was watching an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" on Netflix. [As a side note ... if you have a husband who gets very bored in the winter months because he is an avid golfer and it's too cold to play golf, GET HIM NETFLIX! Rick picked a sitcom that had been on for several years, and started watching the very first season. He has watched about 70 episodes since he started. I often see him sitting on the couch with my iPad, with his headphones in, and hear him laughing at the episode he is watching. It's been a winter lifesaver.] Yesterday's episode was about one of the characters searching for the perfect hamburger. Rick said, "I could use a good hamburger." So, we made an impromptu decision to go into Tulsa to get said burger.
Do you live in Tulsa or near Tulsa or will you ever in your life drive through Tulsa? If so, you HAVE TO drive to the Greenwood District downtown and eat at Fat Guy's Burger Bar. Oh. My Gosh. I have NEVER had a burger and fries that were so good! And how lucky for their business ... this past year the Tulsa Driller's built their new stadium on the back of the restaurant. I just had to give a shout out to such a yummy place to eat.
Speaking of yummy ... on Sunday after church, I took a yummy nap for about an hour. It felt so good!
When I got up, we had a one hour cleaning session for the whole family. Everybody had jobs to do and we turned it out in no time.
And now I sit on the couch watching the Grammy's PRAYING, yes praying, that we get the snow we are supposed to get tonight. I love, love, love a snowed-in kind of day, and so do the kids. We haven't had any snow this year (with the exception of a slight dusting one day). I would love for the kids to get a chance to play in the snow before Spring hits.
And that Kelly Clarkson has got some pipes!
I hope you have a good week!




We have a Fat Guy's restaurant around here. I've never tried it though!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're enjoying your week!