The Littles and I went to Missouri this past weekend to visit my family. It's always a nice weekend. My parents have a big bedroom upstairs, and Eli and Brynne spend all their time up there playing. It's kind of "cottage-y" and they love it! I always look forward to relaxing. I get to do lots of that when I am there! I revert to a spoiled kid when I go home for a visit. I guess your mama is always your mama, no matter how old you get.
When we got there on Friday, we went to my high school and ate at a chili supper to raise money for new bleachers for the football field. I saw a couple of my high school friends and showed Eli and Brynne my senior pictures posted on the collages in the cafeteria. Brynne said, "That's when you were Nikki." In my hometown, I always will be.
On Saturday, my mom, aunt and I went to a super cool and huge consignment shop in the town where I went to college. We spent hours there. I picked up a couple of tilt jars for my pantry and an elephant. I will post about him tomorrow. We bought a couple of pizzas and headed home for a night of playing pitch. I don't mean to brag, but my team won both games! Never mind ... of course I mean to brag!
Kyndal and her boyfriend came down to see us. While she was there, she painted her canvas to complete our Valentine's Day family canvas project.
On Sunday, my sister colored and cut my hair and Brynne's! Yes, my six year old got highlights. Every girl needs a little "umph" this time of year. She also got six inches cut off and it looks adorable!
That afternoon we went out to see my grandma. My sister does her hair once a week, so I hung out with them while they did that. I think my grandma looks so great, expecially for an 88 year old woman!
She wanted pictures with my sister (her "personal" hairdresser) and with me (her "favorite" grandchild). Actually, my sister is her favorite hairdresser. I made up the part about being her favorite grandchild.
I fixed dinner for us on Sunday night and we watched t.v., and I read.
We were ready to come home and see our boys and puppies on Monday, after a weekend filled with all our favorite things to do: sleep in, see family, read, eat yummy no-bake cookies, ride scooters with grandma, and play Wii in our jammies.
We have another trip planned for the end of April, when my brother will be visiting from Portland, Oregon, and my sister will be having her baby shower.
Thank you for honoring your Grandma....I wish I still had the opportunity to honor mine. Nothing like Grandmas....heck, now I am one!
ReplyDeleteYou brought up another blast from the past mentioning your pitch game. That was BIG in our household when I was growing up.
It looks like you had a wonderful visit!
ReplyDelete