Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting Fit ~ Week 4 {and "The List"}

I managed to exercise every day this week! I was so happy with that!

Monday ~ Only walked/ran a mile because my older kids were gone and I forgot that if I went further the little kids would be home alone because Rick would have to leave for work.

Tuesday ~ Walked/ran 1 mile and then came home and did Body Sculpt with Gilad. {Ouch!}

Wednesday ~ Walked/ran 2 miles.

Thursday ~ Walked 2 miles with my husband in the evening. (I was going to get up that morning and walk/run 1 mile and then come home and then go pick blueberries later in the morning, but it was pouring when I got up.)

Friday ~ Walked/ran 2 miles.

** When I say "walk/run", it's because I do different things everyday. Sometimes I walk to one stop sign then run to the next and alternate the whole route. Sometimes I walk the first 1/4 mile or so, run a 1/2 mile, walk a 1/4 mile, run a 1/2 mile, etc. Sometimes I walk a bit and then run until I am dying, try to run a little further, and then walk the last stretch to cool down. I am not a great runner, but I like to try to get my heart rate up.

This week I have also been trying to eat (during the day, at least) exclusively off "The List". It's a list of 12 foods that The Abs Diet recommends, in an effort to reduce fat to the stomach. The list contains many foods I already eat anyway, and they are super healthy foods. So, during the day when I am hungry I just look at the list and choose something to eat. And I am eating several small things instead of a couple of huge meals. I am still eating regular dinner at night, however.

Here's "The List":

1. Almonds (with skins)
2. Beans (not refried)
3. Spinach or other green veggies
4. Fat free or low fat dairy
5. Eggs
6. Turkey (not packaged turkey meat)
7. Peanut butter
8. Instant oatmeal
9. Olive oil
10. Whole grains
11. Whey protein powder (in smoothies)
12. Berries

3 comments:

  1. be careful of the instant oatmeal it is full of sugar,

    just by some instant oats and make your own :) easy, fast and cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I printed "the list" to keep handy too. Today was the start day of my diet. Got a great workout in and so far so good on the food. This time I'm keeping a food journal to keep me accountable and not snacking on junk.

    Have you lost any lbs?

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!