First of all, my garden is just beautiful! I wish it looked like this all year long!
The really cool part is, though, that I actually have harvest from it! And, some unexpected!
I planted corn this year, just for fun. I just wanted to try something new. And, I thought I'd just use the stalks to decorate in the fall. But I have two actual ears of corn growing! They are so cute!
I have 8 green peppers on my four plants, so far, with some tiny babies just starting, as well.
I have already used some jalapenos, and given some away, and have about 20 on my plants right now. I'm definitely going to can some.
I checked a carrot and they are coming along nicely. Someday maybe they'll actually be big enough to pull out and eat.
I have pulled off about 6 large zucchini so far (and eaten them ... yum!) And have many, many others growing.
I've also pulled off one yellow squash and have lots of babies.
I will definitely not plant as many lettuce plants next year, because I couldn't possibly eat all of that lettuce if I tried. My spinach has been steady and good.
My tomatoes, on the other hand haven't done hardly anything! I've been very disappointed! I've got about 8 small tomatoes on my bush, and none on any of my vines. My cucumbers are very slow growing and I don't expect to get anything out of them. And my broccoli (another experiment) grew great until they were about 2" tall and haven't grown another millimeter since. I won't be doing broccoli next year. I'll probably give cucumbers another try, just plant them in a different spot. Maybe I am growing them with some incompatible veggies/fruits.
I have pulled some blueberries off my bush I planted this year, and they have been so sweet! (I just ate 20 of them on my bowl of bran cereal this morning!) I am definitely going to plant two more blueberry bushes next year (bringing my total to 4) and more strawberries. I think I'll move my tomatoes out to where my lettuce and spinach are and move my lettuce and spinach over where my tomatoes are. And I'm going to plant lots of pumpkins on our back hill. (Why hadn't I though of that before? We have the perfect spot for them!) That will round out my garden next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!