Saturday, June 4, 2011

Organic fertilizer

I found a recipe for organic fertilizer, so I thought I would give it a try. It was super easy, and free.

I filled a 5 gallon bucket about half-way full of grass clippings (only those from a yard that has NOT been professionally treated) and then fill the bucket with water up to about the 2/3 mark.


Store it in a room at ROOM TEMPERATURE and stir once a day for 2-3 days. Don't keep it more than 3 days, or keep it in an area that gets too hot, or it will go rancid. At the end of the 3rd day mine was starting to stink and I also had it in the garage where it might have been too warm. I think I used it just in time.

Strain the liquid off the clippings into another 5 gallon bucket.


Add an equal part water to the "tea" and stir.


Water your garden FIRST and then add your fertilizer to your plants.


Then watch your plants grow and grow (or at least that's what I'm hoping for).


Then toss the strained grass clippings into your compost pile. Win. Win. Win.

I am linking up to Domestically Divine at Far Above Rubies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!