Outside my window... Overcast and a bit breezy. Still humid though!
I am thinking... about how life seems to be "in line", finally, after some tough times of searching, turmoil and frustration.
I am thankful ... that many hard years of patience with Rick's job situation seems to have paid off. An exciting future is ahead!
I am wearing... PGA Championship t-shirt, blue running shorts, tennis shoes.
I am planning... to get some planning done today.
I am creating... a clean and organized house this week so I can feel good about leaving for the weekend and not coming home to a mess I left.
I am going... to work on school stuff for next year all day today, after I clean the bathrooms.
I am reading... Blue Like Play Dough by Tricia Goyer, The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller, Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson (homeschool play group moms book study), and More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).
I am hoping... that this just the beginning of an incredible upswing!
From the learning rooms... Reading, reading, reading! We had a big accomplishment yesterday: Eli not only finished the Summer Reading Program (so far reading 21 books), but he wanted to read a full 64-page book yesterday "because it is so funny" and did exactly that! Unless you know him, it's difficult to express what a big deal that is!! Brynne has now read 24 books. Her goal is 60. She has moved on to longer books, though, so she's working really hard! Bouncing off our trip to the Blue Bell ice cream factory this past Saturday, we are doing ice cream lessons this week. We are going to read a book today about what we saw at the factory. We are going to make ice cream in a baggie and then do a science experiment notebooking page about the change of liquid to solid. And we are doing a couple of different math lessons based on our ice cream activities.
Noticing that ... my foot has hurt worse the past couple of days and I'm pretty convinced I have, at least, a hairline fracture in it.
From the kitchen... I have two important words to say: Jalapeno Poppers! Oh my! I cut 10 jalapenos (from my garden) in half and scooped out the seeds and then grilled them on the top rack for a few minutes. I filled one half with cream cheese, covered it with the other half and wrapped 1/2 piece of turkey bacon around it. I baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Yummmmmmmm!!!!! But they were sooooooooo hotttttttttttt!!!!!
Here is what we are having for dinner this week (and things are still seeming to get switched around based on mood)...
Tuesday ~ Creamy tomato chicken and linguine
Wednesday~ FFY and Wine Wednesday
Thursday ~ Grilled burritos
Friday ~ Bacon, eggs and toast
Saturday - Tuesday ~ Rick's on his own while the kids and I go to Missouri to visit my parents.
Around the house... are happy and content people.
One of my favorite things... Spending a day together with my whole family. It doesn't happen near often enough and it's so enjoyable when it does.
I am hoping... that this just the beginning of an incredible upswing!
From the learning rooms... Reading, reading, reading! We had a big accomplishment yesterday: Eli not only finished the Summer Reading Program (so far reading 21 books), but he wanted to read a full 64-page book yesterday "because it is so funny" and did exactly that! Unless you know him, it's difficult to express what a big deal that is!! Brynne has now read 24 books. Her goal is 60. She has moved on to longer books, though, so she's working really hard! Bouncing off our trip to the Blue Bell ice cream factory this past Saturday, we are doing ice cream lessons this week. We are going to read a book today about what we saw at the factory. We are going to make ice cream in a baggie and then do a science experiment notebooking page about the change of liquid to solid. And we are doing a couple of different math lessons based on our ice cream activities.
Noticing that ... my foot has hurt worse the past couple of days and I'm pretty convinced I have, at least, a hairline fracture in it.
From the kitchen... I have two important words to say: Jalapeno Poppers! Oh my! I cut 10 jalapenos (from my garden) in half and scooped out the seeds and then grilled them on the top rack for a few minutes. I filled one half with cream cheese, covered it with the other half and wrapped 1/2 piece of turkey bacon around it. I baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Yummmmmmmm!!!!! But they were sooooooooo hotttttttttttt!!!!!
Here is what we are having for dinner this week (and things are still seeming to get switched around based on mood)...
Tuesday ~ Creamy tomato chicken and linguine
Wednesday~ FFY and Wine Wednesday
Thursday ~ Grilled burritos
Friday ~ Bacon, eggs and toast
Saturday - Tuesday ~ Rick's on his own while the kids and I go to Missouri to visit my parents.
Around the house... are happy and content people.
One of my favorite things... Spending a day together with my whole family. It doesn't happen near often enough and it's so enjoyable when it does.
A few plans for the rest of the week... We really aren't doing anything this week. Tomorrow we are going to our Co-op play group, and while we are in town we'll take our recycling and stop by the library. Otherwise we are staying home, trying to stay cool. Then on Saturday we are driving to my parents' in Missouri for a 4th of July visit.
From my picture journal.
Dawson's requested snack for this week. Eli asked me when I was going to get him a bucket of cheese balls.
Dawson's requested snack for this week. Eli asked me when I was going to get him a bucket of cheese balls.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

I broke my pinkie little toe a few years ago there is nothing they can do for it and it hurts for many weeks while it heals. it still hurts sometimes.
ReplyDeleteit will get better just takes time.
yippee for Eli! :)
Ha! Ha! I swear!! Bradley starts foaming at the mouth every time he sees that display of Cheese Balls at Wal-Mart. Boys are so cool, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip!
Yay for Eli! I love it when kids keep reading because they are enjoying the book. I can't wait to hear about the job stuff!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like everything is going really well for you! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
ReplyDelete