Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... A little overcast, a little breezy and whole lotta humid!

I am thinking... that I definitely have to have more to my exercise routine than just running and walking in the mornings. I did Total Body Sculpt with Gilad this morning for the first time in months and I could feel it everywhere! I could feel what my body has been missing.

I am thankful ... for the quiet morning moments of summer.

I am wearing... purple sweat shorts, a gray sleeveless t-shirt and sweat soaked sports bra. Did I mention it's humid???

I am planning... Rick's birthday extravaganza for this evening. (I hope he doesn't have to work too late!)

I am creating... A China unit study for Eli and Brynne (they want to learn about China because they love The Karate Kid with Jaden Smith). Dawson and Brynne's U.S. History binders for fall (you will see this listed here every single week this summer because it's going to take me that long to get it done). I'm also making a picture recipe for "Blueberry Biscuit Yummies" so that Eli and Brynne can cook by themselves after we pick blueberries on Thursday.

I am going... to get a tattoo on my wrist for my 40th birthday. Yeah, I just decided that this week.

I am reading...  Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand, Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson (homeschool play group moms book study), What Your Second Grader Needs to Know by The Core Knowledge Foundation, and More Faith in My Day by Emilie Barnes (daily devotional).

I am hoping... that my husband has a 'Happy Birthday', even though he is working all day and probably even working late to get a job completed. I hope that he knows how much he is loved and appreciated for taking such good care of us and giving us a life of peace and security!!! I hope that he knows that I think he is hotter now than he was when we met and that he doesn't look anywhere near his ** years.

From the learning rooms... Reading continues! We pretty much finished up our Farm Unit and went on a field trip to FarmFest at the zoo. That was really fun and educational! We will officially finish that unit this week after a trip to the blueberry farm to pick blueberries. Then we are going to make a special recipe.

Noticing that ... the mama bird has made some incredible progress on the nest on our back patio! It's probably about half way done and she is working on it right now as I type this.

From the kitchen... We only ate three of the things I had on my menu for last week. We have been enjoying some of the harvest from my garden. Last night we had some grilled zucchini. It was delicious!!! I have more lettuce than I can possibly eat, and I have plans for some mature jalapenos tonight.

Here is what I have planned for this week ...

Tuesday ~Jalapeno chicken enchiladas and brownies (Rick's favs)
Wednesday~ FFY and Wine Wednesday
Thursday ~ Slow cooker chicken and dumplings and rice
Friday ~Build-your-own mini pizzas
Saturday ~Soup and grilled cheese
Sunday ~ Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches, chips and cottage cheese
Monday ~ Sweet and sour meatballs and egg noodles

Around the house... Rick is doing some more ornamental gardening along the back of our house. So far it looks great and we are going to add some bushes to finish it off. I also planted two Hydrangeas yesterday. I have always wanted Hydrangeas.

One of my favorite things... How beautiful my vegetable garden is. Really, it's just beautiful!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Busy week. Today is Rick's birthday. The kids and I are going to go to the library and recycling center today and then come home and get things ready for a celebration for him tonight. Tomorrow afternoon we have our Co-op Playgroup, and we are really looking forward to that! On Thursday Brynne and I are going to go pick blueberries (I doubt I'll be able to get Eli up to do that!). Then we are going to come home and the kids are going to cook with them "by themselves". Thursday is also Rick and my 10 year anniversary! I don't think we are really going to do any celebrating until later in the month and then next month we are planning to go on an overnight to the town where we met. Rick's playing some golf this weekend. Kyndal is working Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dawson is vegging (since he was gone for a week). And me and the little guys will just do our usual of cleaning, playing and hanging out in our pjs. Then on Sunday we will go to church in the a.m. and then celebrate our daddy!!

From my picture journal.

Look at this adorable necklace I won! The eggs represent the birthstones of each of my little birdies. I am a crazy bird woman and this was just perfect for me! (Please don't pay attention to the old lady neck that is holding that necklace! When did that happen?)


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. Love the necklace. Sounds like Rick had a wonderful b-day. Thanks for the website. I will check it out.
    Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!