Outside my window... it's sunny with a slight breeze, and crisp and cool! It was a perfect fall day to be walking at the park. Beautiful!
I am thinking... about how I have been busy living my life instead of blogging about it.
I am thankful ... that I got to hear my 3 month old baby niece's first laugh yesterday. Eli and Brynne were outside playing ninja and she was watching them. Then she started laughing. She did it more than once. So special!
I am wearing... black lined track pants, a nike t-shirt, tennis shoes.
I am planning... a garage sale we are having this Saturday.
I am creating... Ninja Halloween costumes; items to put in the church Christmas bazaar.
I am going... to run up and get my hair colored in about 30 minutes. Yea!!!
I am reading... The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd ... just kidding! I actually finished it at the lake this weekend! Now I am reading The Perks of Being a Wildflower by Stephen Chbosky.
I am hoping... that some money will start growing on our trees.
From the learning rooms... We have had to take a couple of Life Skills days this week so far. Yesterday we HAD to go get groceries, go to the recycling center, etc. Then today I HAVE to get my hair done while my sister is in town. It's back to the books tomorrow, and we are going on a field trip on Friday.
Noticing that ... I love BBC television series! I started watching Call the Midwife last night on PBS, have recorded Upstairs, Downstairs (season 1), that I wanted to watch because season 2 starts this week, and cannot WAIT until January when Downton Abbey starts again!
From the kitchen... Fixing dinner for my dad tonight. It's his birthday and the rest of the family is going to my niece's volleyball game. We are having baked pork chops, gold potatoes, fresh garlic and bacon green beans, and crock pot pumpkin pie!
Around the house... are pumpkins. I'll finish decorating this weekend when Rick brings my tub of fall decorations.
One of my favorite things... is watching Dawson live the small town school life.
A few plans for the rest of the week... today I am getting my hair colored and cut, then having lunch at my mom's. Tonight the little kids and I are fixing my dad his birthday dinner. Tomorrow night I have hand bell choir practice at church. On Thursday evening, my friend is coming over for some chat time. The little kids and I are going to a really cool place by Kansas City called Powell Gardens to see their Fairy Houses and Forts exhibit on Friday. And that night Rick is coming for a visit! And he's bringing Antonio with him. On Saturday I am having a little garage sale, and then we'll go to church on Sunday and then dinner at mom and dad's before Rick heads back to Oklahoma. I'd say he'll spend lots of time watching all of his favorite t.v. shows I have dvr'd for him on Saturday while I'm having the garage sale. There aren't too many projects for him this time, so he'll be able to just spend some time relaxing.
I am hoping... that some money will start growing on our trees.
From the learning rooms... We have had to take a couple of Life Skills days this week so far. Yesterday we HAD to go get groceries, go to the recycling center, etc. Then today I HAVE to get my hair done while my sister is in town. It's back to the books tomorrow, and we are going on a field trip on Friday.
Noticing that ... I love BBC television series! I started watching Call the Midwife last night on PBS, have recorded Upstairs, Downstairs (season 1), that I wanted to watch because season 2 starts this week, and cannot WAIT until January when Downton Abbey starts again!
From the kitchen... Fixing dinner for my dad tonight. It's his birthday and the rest of the family is going to my niece's volleyball game. We are having baked pork chops, gold potatoes, fresh garlic and bacon green beans, and crock pot pumpkin pie!
Around the house... are pumpkins. I'll finish decorating this weekend when Rick brings my tub of fall decorations.
One of my favorite things... is watching Dawson live the small town school life.
A few plans for the rest of the week... today I am getting my hair colored and cut, then having lunch at my mom's. Tonight the little kids and I are fixing my dad his birthday dinner. Tomorrow night I have hand bell choir practice at church. On Thursday evening, my friend is coming over for some chat time. The little kids and I are going to a really cool place by Kansas City called Powell Gardens to see their Fairy Houses and Forts exhibit on Friday. And that night Rick is coming for a visit! And he's bringing Antonio with him. On Saturday I am having a little garage sale, and then we'll go to church on Sunday and then dinner at mom and dad's before Rick heads back to Oklahoma. I'd say he'll spend lots of time watching all of his favorite t.v. shows I have dvr'd for him on Saturday while I'm having the garage sale. There aren't too many projects for him this time, so he'll be able to just spend some time relaxing.
From my picture journal.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Relaxing???? Me?????
ReplyDeleteIt would REALLY be nice of you to post your crock pot pumpkin pie recipe. I never heard of that and I do "loves me" some pumpkin pie!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you!!!
If you can make your trees grow money, please share that recipe too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love hair color day!
Hey, if some money starts growing on your trees, please share the secret!
ReplyDeleteI'm still blogging as much as possible, but I don't have much time to read other blogs anymore. It's a once a week thing now. We just have way too much going on, and just like you, I want to enjoy life away from the computer!