Outside my window... it is so beautiful today! It's warmer, with lots of sunshine. The trees in town are amazing in their shades of red, orange, and yellow.
I am thinking... about the little kitten we found this weekend who was injured in the rain storm. We brought her home to take care of her, but I had to take her to the vet this morning to have her put to sleep. Her injuries were too severe. RIP Mittens.
I am thankful ... for our community park. It is the prettiest thing and holds a lot of childhood memories for me. I love to walk there every morning. And the old scout cabin is on the grounds and it's such a cool setting for meetings. The park is probably my favorite place in town.
I am wearing... jeans, a short-sleeved oatmeal colored shirt, brown flip flops.
I am planning... Dawson's birthday dinner on Wednesday (his 16th birthday is on Thursday), and a couple of fun literature activities for Eli and Brynne.
I am creating... a spirit poster for Kyndal's senior night this Friday.
I am going... to go to the scout shop and to get groceries as soon as I pick Dawson up from school.
I am reading... The Perks of Being a Wildflower by Stephen Chbosky, Too Wise to be Mistaken, Too Good to be Unkind by Cathy Steere, Journeys of Faithfulness by Sarah Clarkson, James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (Eli and Brynne's read-a-loud).
I am hoping... that Kyndal has the courage to make the decisions that she should make and that she is able to see some things clearly that some of us can already see.
From the learning rooms... What a good couple of days we have had! Eli and Brynne expressed an interest in doing more geographical unit studies. So, this week we are studying about Nigeria and Senegal in Africa, doing some really fun activities, and planning a trip to see a musical/play based on the folklore of those areas.
Noticing that ... Brynne's bathroom issues have been resolved. There is still some bloating in her tummy, but we haven't completely eliminated unsafe foods from her diet.
From the kitchen... it's slim pickins! Gotta go to the grocery store!
Around the house... are more projects I want to do (and plan to do soon) ... some painting in the kitchen and bathroom, cleaning up from former painting in the bathroom (scraping), making faux granite in the kitchen, painting my back entry and wall down the stairs.
One of my favorite things... is watching Eli at cub scouts. He is so sweet and so into it!
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are mostly celebrating Dawson's birthday this week. Tonight I am running errands for it. Tomorrow night we are having friends and family over for dinner. On Thursday it is his birthday, and he is going out of town to watch Taylar play volleyball. I'll be packing us up for a trip to Oklahoma on Friday afternoon. We will be in Oklahoma the whole weekend so Dawson can spend it with his friends there. We will also be having dinner with some of our good friends. We are staying until Monday because he has an orthodontist appointment Monday morning.
I am hoping... that Kyndal has the courage to make the decisions that she should make and that she is able to see some things clearly that some of us can already see.
From the learning rooms... What a good couple of days we have had! Eli and Brynne expressed an interest in doing more geographical unit studies. So, this week we are studying about Nigeria and Senegal in Africa, doing some really fun activities, and planning a trip to see a musical/play based on the folklore of those areas.
Noticing that ... Brynne's bathroom issues have been resolved. There is still some bloating in her tummy, but we haven't completely eliminated unsafe foods from her diet.
From the kitchen... it's slim pickins! Gotta go to the grocery store!
Around the house... are more projects I want to do (and plan to do soon) ... some painting in the kitchen and bathroom, cleaning up from former painting in the bathroom (scraping), making faux granite in the kitchen, painting my back entry and wall down the stairs.
One of my favorite things... is watching Eli at cub scouts. He is so sweet and so into it!
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are mostly celebrating Dawson's birthday this week. Tonight I am running errands for it. Tomorrow night we are having friends and family over for dinner. On Thursday it is his birthday, and he is going out of town to watch Taylar play volleyball. I'll be packing us up for a trip to Oklahoma on Friday afternoon. We will be in Oklahoma the whole weekend so Dawson can spend it with his friends there. We will also be having dinner with some of our good friends. We are staying until Monday because he has an orthodontist appointment Monday morning.
From my picture journal.
| I am hoping to plant some good butterfly bushes next spring so I can get a whole bunch of these guys. |
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Sounds like you are enjoying your small town autumn. You are blessed.
ReplyDelete