Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is a sunny but crisp day. More perfect fall weather!

I am thinking... about Kyndal sitting in Concordia, by herself, sick (because her dad has left her alone for another week), unable to get ahold of him so calls me to excuse her from school, with no money to go to the doctor or for gas so she can drive down here so I can take care of her. And he is "supporting" her.

I am thankful ... that Rick gets to spend a WHOLE 10 DAYS here with us for Thanksgiving!!!

I am wearing... a brown long-sleeved hooded shirt, jeans, brown Ugg boots.

I am planning...  my grocery trip on Thursday.
 
I am creating... the finishing touches on Eli and Brynne's ninja Halloween costumes (really, they will be done today). I was creating transformed bedside tables in our bedroom.

I am going... to be in charge of my niece for a couple of days this week while my parents are in Florida.

I am reading... The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan,  Secrets at Sea by Richard Peck (Eli and Brynne's read-a-loud). And MY HUSBAND is reading The Hunger Games. He finished the first book in just a couple of days. And he HATES to read!

I am praying... for Kiley Palmer, a girl from our Homeschool Co-op in Oklahoma. She is undergoing chemotheraphy for luekemia, and is having a really hard time. Here is yesterday's update from her mom:
"10/29/12 - It's proving to be a rough round of chemo for Kiley. We're only on Day 5 of Consolidation Therapy, but she hasn't been able to drink anything significant or keep any food down for 3 days. Praying that this changes tomorrow. I'm not sure how far she can go without going back into the hospital. She really doesn't have any weight, water or anything to lose. I'm praying for my girl tonight."

From the learning rooms... Having a mixed bag of school work this week. Studying Indonesia and doing general studies a couple of days, going on a mini-field trip, and doing a couple of separate unit studies the other days.

Noticing that ...  I haven't heard hardly a word about the upcoming election on t.v. here. I do think there is very little advertising because Missouri is an all-Romney state. But, it sure helps when you only watch Cartoon Network and shows that you have dvr'd.

From the kitchen... we are taking it outside today. We made a solar oven yesterday and the kids are cooking hotdogs and s'mores, since it's a sunny day. Wish us luck!

Around the house...  are a few projects I want to get done before Rick gets here and brings me MORE!

One of my favorite things... the way I feel after a good walk in the mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I have handbell choir practice tonight since tomorrow is Halloween. Then my friend, Angela, is coming over for some chat time. Wednesday is Halloween and we're going to a little pumpkin patch during the day and will be trick-or-treating on Main Street and at the nursing home that night. Thursday afternoon I have to go "to town" to get groceries, go to recycling, and pick up Eli's cub scout shirt and patches. On Friday Rick comes to town for the weekend! We have a Pack meeting for cub scouts that evening. Rick is bringing a moving truck with the rest of our stuff. Then on Sunday, after church, we are all driving back to Oklahoma. Rick needs to get back to work and Dawson is going back to help one of his best friend's celebrate his 16th birday. It is also the infamous release of Halo 4, so he will be getting it and playing it. He is even taking his big flat-screen t.v. to Oklahoma so he can play on it. Big event! The little kids and I hope to fit in a trip to the zoo. And I will be voting while I am there. Dawson also has an orthodontist appointment on Tuesday. And we'll be coming back home on Wednesday.

From my picture journal.

He LOVES the park! FREEDOM!



Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. I'm betting on the cartoon network has saved you :)my sister was just complaining about all the ads on tv this past weekend. I think Hurricane Sandy has curbed all politics for now but Missouri will get back into the game probably today. For us it's Disney and Nick so no politics there expect the mock election on nick and Obama won.

    Praying for your friends and Kyndal!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!