Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Clean

The Sunday before Mother's Day I had the privilege of speaking at the annual Mother Daughter Banquet at my childhood church, the church where my mom still attends. It is a small church in a small town, but we were thrilled when over 60 women showed up to the banquet this year! And it was even raining, so we thought our numbers would be low.

The theme of our banquet this year was "Clean" and our focus verse was Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, oh God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." I used analogies between the different types of crumbs found in a toaster and the various types of sins in our lives, and what we need to do specifically to clean them out.

We decorated the tables with small pastel colored cleaning buckets and filled them with a bottle of cleanser, a sponge, a rubber glove, a devotional book and a pot of flowers sitting on a Bible.


My mom and I also made refrigerator magnets with the Bible verse printed on them for the ladies to take as door prizes.


I am bummed that I didn't think to take pictures of me and my mom and Brynne, but we were just really busy with helping organize the event.

I was really honored to be asked back to speak again this year, and I think the message was fun and a clear word from God. It just feels so nice to be able to give back to my childhood church and to serve God in a way that uses my talents and gifts.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Nicole! I love the centerpieces and that verse!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!