Outside my window... It's a little cloudy and cooler this morning, but is supposed to warm right up to 90 this afternoon.
I am thinking... about the summer and next school year with my kids. It's going to be a busy, but fun time.
I am thankful ... That Kyndal was able to get her exhaust fixed for $80 (not so lucky on the oil leak .. she's going to have to save for that one.)
I am wearing... a gray plaid shirt dress with skinny jeans and black flip flops.
I am planning... preliminary ideas for science units for next year based on the kids' interests. So far we have The Human Body, The Solar System and Weather.
I am creating... Teacher Appreciation gifts for Eli's teacher.
I am going... to enjoy my life (and I'm still going to lose those 6 pounds).
I am reading... Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok and I, Juan de Pareja by Elizabeth Borten de Trevino (Dawson's read-a-loud).
I am hoping... that the oil struck on my mom's family's land yesterday will yield profitable results!!
From the learning rooms... Brynne and I are still learning about Great Britain and The Royal Family (yesterday I saw her playing with one of Eli's castles and calling it Buckingham Palace). Dawson has started a unit on The Renaissance Period and it will be full of art history from that era. He is going to be focusing on Diego Valazquez. Kyndal just wants to get this year over. And Eli is thrilled to only have 2 1/2 more weeks of school left. Is it just me, or are my public school kids sick of school and my homeschool kids still engaged?
Noticing that ... the hummingbirds are in abundance this year, fighting over our feeder!
From the kitchen... it's an easy week of sandwiches, primarily.
Around the house... are full flower pots!!! That was a big job but I am always thrilled with the results!
One of my favorite things... Gardening ... all kinds of gardening.
I am hoping... that the oil struck on my mom's family's land yesterday will yield profitable results!!
From the learning rooms... Brynne and I are still learning about Great Britain and The Royal Family (yesterday I saw her playing with one of Eli's castles and calling it Buckingham Palace). Dawson has started a unit on The Renaissance Period and it will be full of art history from that era. He is going to be focusing on Diego Valazquez. Kyndal just wants to get this year over. And Eli is thrilled to only have 2 1/2 more weeks of school left. Is it just me, or are my public school kids sick of school and my homeschool kids still engaged?
Noticing that ... the hummingbirds are in abundance this year, fighting over our feeder!
From the kitchen... it's an easy week of sandwiches, primarily.
Around the house... are full flower pots!!! That was a big job but I am always thrilled with the results!
One of my favorite things... Gardening ... all kinds of gardening.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Today is Eli's IEP meeting at school. There's lots to talk about. This weekend the carnival is coming to town, so we will be taking the kids to it some time. Rick's playing golf on Saturday and I'll just be doing the usual. It's going to be a cool, but nice, weekend, so there will be lots of outside time.
From my picture journal.
My purse full of goodies and tea bag from Eli at the Mother's Tea.
From my picture journal.
My purse full of goodies and tea bag from Eli at the Mother's Tea.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Hey Lady! I hope you are having a fantastic week. Send a 'lil of that 90 degree weather my way, please! Please!! :o) Still low 50's around here.
ReplyDeleteBTW, did you get the DTH dvd's? I keep forgetting to ask you.
Be Blessed!