Actually, it was a library book. It wasn't exactly eaten completely, but the spine was gnawed on. And now we owe $17.00 to the library.
I could be mad. But things happen. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.
I don't feel too bad paying the $17.00 because the library staff at our local library has spent numerous hours this past year pulling books for me that I have requested electronically and putting them on the Hold Shelf. They have helped me out tremendously this year!!! I have at least 10 books a week on that Hold Shelf.
To help with the matter, I bought this little basket at Big Lots last week for $10. It has a cute little chalkboard on the front to label what's in the basket. It now sits in our living room and we "check out" books from it and immediately replace them when we are done.
That stinks, but the basket is adorable! We have a hook in our entry closet with a book bag. That is where all library material is stored! No more lost books!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea! I may have to steal it! ;)
ReplyDelete