When the weather starts to turn nice, the teenagers start to come out late at night. As my mama always used to say, "Nothing good happens after midnight." Last year we were tp'd several times (once even by Garth Brooks' daughter!)
When we woke up this morning, this is what we found.
Our yard was covered in about 1500 plastic forks. At least there's no tp up in our trees to have to deal with!
I paid Brynne 5 cents for each fork she picked up. She made $5.65.
Heck, we turned it into a math lesson! We counted the forks by 5's. Then she held her bag and my bag and estimated how much she thought was in my bag and which bag she thought held the most forks.
Then, she said, "Hey, forks are plastic! We can recycle those!" And, we did.
Eli learned a lesson, too. I offered him 5 cents a fork. He said, "No, I'll just get money. Working for money is too hard for me." I told him that, no, he would not "just get money". We had to work for money. He opted out. And Brynne made the dough. She'll get to buy a toy with it if she wants.
Late night yard vandalism ... Oh, the joys of having teenagers! Let the season begin!
** Speaking of forks, I'd love to stick mine into your favorite recipe! Leave it for me in a comment here and you might win a prize!
No comments:
Post a Comment
In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!