Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... Sunshine? Is that sunshine? YES!!!

I am thinking... about the insulting e-mail from Chick-fil-a to our Homeschool Coop president telling her how they will NOT honor homeschool moms in their upcoming Teacher Appreciation Day.

I am thankful ... for the time I got to spend alone with my mom on Saturday. It was a great day!

I am wearing... jeans, silver tennis shoes and layered long-sleeved t-shirt.

I am planning... the month of May. It's going to be a busy one!

I am creating... flower pots full of flowers (this weekend).

I am going... to lose 6 pounds.

I am reading...  The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

I am hoping... that the oil leak and exhaust problems in Kyndal's car are an easy (and inexpensive) fix for her.

From the learning rooms... Brynne and I are launching into a four week study of London, the British Monarchy and Royal Family, princesses and knights. Dawson and I will be starting the Rennaissance period in a couple of days. Kyndal is doing End-of-the-Year-Instruction (EOI) testing. And Eli has a busy rest-of-the-year.

Noticing that ... the yucky area rugs in our house were the stink-problem and now our house doesn't smell like dog pee anymore.

From the kitchen... a week of kid-friendly and easy meals, courtesy of Dawson's requests.

Around the house... are suitcases that need to be unpacked from the weekend and LOTS of organization projects I want to get to!

One of my favorite things... Spring temps and sunshine (before it gets so blasted hot!)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Not much is going on until Thursday. That afternoon Eli's class is having their Mother's Day Tea. On Friday both Brynne and Eli have their Track and Field Days for school. Dawson and I are going to 'divide and conquer' to attend both. On Saturday I am planning to get all of my flower pots planted. I can't wait!!! And Sunday is Mother's Day and I am certain it will be a day of relaxation for me.

From my picture journal.
This just makes me happy.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



4 comments:

  1. I think the chick fil a thing is a issue of how do we know teachers can show their badge/id. some chick fil a's are allowing homeschool moms/dads as long as they have a letter from the state or county saying they are teachers.

    sorry about that.

    hope the car can get fixed and not break the bank the joys (and pains) of car ownership

    have fun that is nice that brynne can participate in school activities since she isn't a student there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your beautiful, sunny day!
    I hope Kyndal's car doesn't cost too much to fix, and that you have fun on Thursday and Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very disappointing about Chick-fil-a. I would have thought better of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, welcome sunshine! Hope you have a great week.

    I had NO idea it was mothers day this upcoming Sunday. Thanks for letting me know :)I'm so scatter brained right now.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!