Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

I am making a couple of small moderations to my food/drink intake starting this week.

First, my husband read that drinking lemon in your water increases your metabolism and helps you burn an extra 100 calories a day. I don't know if that really works, but I love lemon in my water. And since I already try to drink 64 ounces of water a day, adding a wedge of fresh lemon is easy, and tasty.

The other thing I am going to do is make a small salad every night for dinner. I am going to eat my veggie salad first, before I have my meal. That way I will get in some much-needed veggies, AND I will replace some of my beloved carbs with it (I hope). In other words, maybe I will fill up a tad on salad and won't be as hungry for the fattening stuff. Worth a try!

Here is what we are having for dinner this week ...

Monday ~ Italian roast in the crockpot over pasta, french bread, green salad

Tuesday ~ Tacos

Wednesday ~ FFY and Wine Wednesday (cheese and fruit)

Thursday ~ Beef stroganoff with leftover roast, green salad

Friday ~ Homemade pizza

Saturday ~ Hmmm ... depends on the weather. I've got ingredients for Potato Soup. If it's cold, we'll have that. Or, we'll have it another night this week if it's cold and use that night's meal on Saturday.

Sunday ~ Making a big, early lunch of Chicken fettucine, salad, and breadsticks, because Kyndal will be here for a visit and she will be leaving right after we eat. So, for dinner we'll have leftovers or cereal.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that Kyndal will be there! I hope you have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal plan sounds delicious!
    Enjoy your visit with Kyndal!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!