Sitting in church this morning, listening to the communion devotional, it occurred to me ... because God gave His son to die for my sins, because Jesus willingly went to the cross for me, every single day is a new year!
Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ~ Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV).
His mercies are new every morning.
When I mess up this year, and I will many times despite my best intentions not to, I have the assurance of knowing that I do not have to wait until January 1st next year to start again. I can repent, forgive myself and others, and wake up the next morning with a new day, a new week, a new year.
Every day is New in Christ Jesus.
Happy New Year!
Amen! One of my favorite verses.
ReplyDeleteSo true. Praise the Lord we can start fresh every day! God bless!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I love waking up knowing that although I'm imperfect in many ways and fall daily, that Jesus has given me the chance to start over everyday! Lord knows I stumble, but for the grace of God I start anew!
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a great year sweet friend!