Outside my window... although it is another warm, beautiful, sunny day, my arthritic joints tell me that we are going to have a weather change and rain soon.
I am thinking... about how much I love Tuesdays. I always look forward to pausing to do my Daybook.
I am wearing... jeans, a long-sleeved cream t-shirt layered with a short-sleeved cream and brown plaid shirt, chocolate Uggs.
I am planning... to take a picture of the four kids together this weekend. I haven't taken one in a long time. If I get a good one, I might even do a Happy New Year card to send out, since we didn't do Christmas cards this year.
I am creating... some ideas for Brynne's Valentine box. That wears me out. I have been coming up with box ideas for about 15 years straight.
I am going... to walk Eli into school today and get together with his IEP supervisor about him spending the next two days in her classroom, instead of in his regular classroom because his teacher is gone and there is a sub. Anytime there is a sub, he doesn't get any of his classwork done and he has homework for days. We are still doing work from one day last week when his teacher was gone.
I am reading... My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira, Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson (Dawson's daily read-a-loud), Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut (keeping up with Dawson so we can discuss it, one chapter a week), Stepping Heavenward by E. Prentiss (my daily devotional), Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George (book study I am doing with a friend, doing one chapter every two weeks), For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn.
I am hoping... for a great weekend with Kyndal.
From the learning rooms... We are back on track this week with a full planner of studies. We are in a holding pattern on The Civil War, because we are watching the North and South mini-series. I forgot that there was another full week called Love and War the year after the first one was televised. So, we have a total of 12 episodes to watch. (We are skipping the third mini-series that aired in the 90's. It was a dud.) In addition to that, Dawson is still working on Louis Pasteur, and his regular daily assignments in grammar, literature, writing, algebra, and critical thinking. Brynne and I are finally full into her Dogs unit. And, we started back with our states studies by studying Missouri this week. I also stacked her day to include each of her other daily assignments of handwriting, copywork, grammar, math, and reading. I want us to work really hard until Spring Break.
Noticing that ... happiness is a daily choice; joy can only come from God.
From the kitchen... are more green vegetable salads.
Around the house... are moody boys. The world assumes that women are the moody ones. But, boys/men have more ups and downs, in my opinion.
One of my favorite things... are books everywhere. Books I am reading. Books I want to read. Books for Dawson's schooling. Dog books for Brynne. I have so much I want to read. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Tonight I am meeting with the ladies from church to discuss the upcoming year's events. I need to throw together an appetizer to take. Hmmmm .... Kyndal is coming for a visit this weekend. She told me last night that she is coming Thursday night, instead of Friday. So, we'll get to see her late Thursday night, most of the day Friday, for a while Saturday and before she leaves to go back home on Sunday. I haven't seen her in over a month!
I am hoping... for a great weekend with Kyndal.
From the learning rooms... We are back on track this week with a full planner of studies. We are in a holding pattern on The Civil War, because we are watching the North and South mini-series. I forgot that there was another full week called Love and War the year after the first one was televised. So, we have a total of 12 episodes to watch. (We are skipping the third mini-series that aired in the 90's. It was a dud.) In addition to that, Dawson is still working on Louis Pasteur, and his regular daily assignments in grammar, literature, writing, algebra, and critical thinking. Brynne and I are finally full into her Dogs unit. And, we started back with our states studies by studying Missouri this week. I also stacked her day to include each of her other daily assignments of handwriting, copywork, grammar, math, and reading. I want us to work really hard until Spring Break.
Noticing that ... happiness is a daily choice; joy can only come from God.
From the kitchen... are more green vegetable salads.
Around the house... are moody boys. The world assumes that women are the moody ones. But, boys/men have more ups and downs, in my opinion.
One of my favorite things... are books everywhere. Books I am reading. Books I want to read. Books for Dawson's schooling. Dog books for Brynne. I have so much I want to read. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Tonight I am meeting with the ladies from church to discuss the upcoming year's events. I need to throw together an appetizer to take. Hmmmm .... Kyndal is coming for a visit this weekend. She told me last night that she is coming Thursday night, instead of Friday. So, we'll get to see her late Thursday night, most of the day Friday, for a while Saturday and before she leaves to go back home on Sunday. I haven't seen her in over a month!
From my picture journal.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Guess what??? I also love Tuesdays because of your Daybook....it's always so very enjoyable to read. It makes me think you're sitting across my desk having coffee with me while we visit!
ReplyDeleteI want to do the daybook but I'm having trouble doing the link thing...am I missing something on how to add it? It seems simple but I'm hitting a wall somewhere, lol.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your award!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the boys/men mood swings!