For Kyndal's birthday in November, we gave her concert tickets to see Lady Antebellum here in Tulsa. She came for a visit this weekend to see the concert, and to spend some time with us and her friends.
She got here on Thursday night, swung by and picked up Dawson, and went to a high school basketball game to see her friends.
The next day she took lunch to her friend at the high school, and then surprised Eli by having lunch with him at his school. After a quick trip to the mall, and picking up Eli from school, she and her boyfriend went to Tulsa to the concert.
On Saturday Kyndal, Brynne, and I left the boys behind and went to have brunch at a little local restaurant and coffee shop called The Pecan Porch. We had a chance to talk about the good and bads of her new home, school, and friendships. It was a nice, easy lunch. I felt like my college daughter was home for a break. It was slightly surreal.
In the afternoon she took Brynne with her over to her friend's house to play Just Dance 3, then her and her boyfriend went to a bonfire at another friend's house.
Yesterday morning everybody got up and played some Just Dance 3 here.
Yeah, they even convinced me to dance to one song.
I made Kyndal's favorite lunch of chicken fettucine and breadsticks, and a salad, for lunch, and then it was time for them to go.
There were lots of tears shed by her and Brynne. She promised to come again soon. Last night I certainly felt a kind of emptiness and loneliness. We both still strongly believe that her move was the best one for her and for everyone involved. But it doesn't make it any easier for her to go. I wish things weren't the way they are. But, they are. And we are both making the absolute best of it.
I wish I could reach in and hug you!! It cannot be easy to watch her leave the nest but it looks like she is doing truly fantastic. You must be so proud of her.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) What a beautiful family you have, Nicole. I can just see the love in those pictures. So often the best thing to do is the hardest, isn't it? I've been praying for you.
ReplyDelete