Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY GIVEAWAY! GO here TO REGISTER.

Outside my window... another abnormally warm January day in Oklahoma. We even went to the zoo yesterday with beautiful weather!

I am thinking... about intimacy in relationships.

I am thankful ... that Kyndal had a MUCH better day at her new school yesterday. At least three girls reached out to her. You could hear a sparkle in her voice when I talked to her.

I am wearing... black yoga pants, a white t-shirt, Hawaii zip up hoodie, Nikes.

I am planning...  Brynne's homeschool units: one on Dogs and an upcoming one on The Secret Garden.
 
I am creating... (hopefully) a cat-pee-free carpet in Brynne's room. Ugghhhh ...

I am going... to order Dawson some Crocs today. Can you believe he wants a pair of Crocs? Eli got a pair of lined Crocs and Dawson loved them. I'm also going to drop off my new Bible study book to my friend this afternoon. I am so looking forward to the time we will be spending together.

I am reading...  Rin Tin Tin: The Life and Legend by Susan Orlean (enjoying the history of the dog and his owner, not really enjoying the author's writing style), The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick (Dawson's read-a-loud), Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut (keeping up with Dawson so we can discuss it), Stepping Heavenward by E. Prentiss (my daily devotional), Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George (book study I am doing with a friend).

I am hoping... for snow. Yes, I should be thoroughly enjoying the amazing weather we are having. But my kids want SNOW! And, so do I. I love being snowed in.

From the learning rooms... Hoping for another outstanding week like we had last week. So far it's looking good. Eli is already 1/4 of the way to his AR goal, and it's only the 2nd week of school. And, Kyndal's school experience is going much better.

Noticing that ... when I don't feel turmoil in my life, I instinctively start to rely less on God and study less. However, I keep remembering something a former pastor always said: Dig your wells deep during the good times. That way, when the hard times come (and they will), you will be spiritually ready. That is my plan. It's time to start being proactive!

From the kitchen... We got a new Fry Daddy. Sure makes french fries taste yummier! Yeah, I know, all the grease. But ..... yum!!!  Moderation, folks. We can even have fatty grease in moderation.

Around the house... happiness.

One of my favorite things... super lazy weekends.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are school days at home, except for a doctor's appointment I have tomorrow. We'll be working hard at school because we get off Friday and Monday again because our public schools are not in session. Yeah! So on Friday, Brynne has a bowling birthday party to attend. On Saturday, we will celebrate our brother-in-law's 50th birthday. Sunday and Monday we will take advantage of some quiet days.

From my picture journal.

We have been taking advantage of the beautiful and RARE January weather! We went to the zoo yesterday.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear someone else say they would like to see snow...ME TOO....This 52 year old "kid" is right there with you.

    It's good to see you feeling better and at a good place in your life!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!