If you have read my blog for a while you know that I love my garden. It's nothing monstrous, and it certainly doesn't feed us for the whole year (in fact, only Rick and I even eat anything from it).
But, I. love. to. take. care. of. my. garden. I think I even like it more than taking care of my kids because my garden doesn't talk back (unless you are my squash this year who seems to be saying, "I'm not in the mood. Thus, I shall not germinate.")
Anyway, I planted the majority of my two raised beds a little over two weeks ago, on April 9th.
Everything has sprouted! (Except those naughty squash.)
Here is a photo walk through my gardens:
 |
| My new garden |
 |
| Corn on the cob ~ about 8 sprouts started from seeds |
 |
| Four green peppers and eight jalapenos ~ started as plants |
 |
| About 3 rows of carrots started from seeds |
 |
| Four lettuce plants started as plants |
 |
| Two rows of spinach sprouts started from seeds |
 |
| A couple of good rows of healthy zucchini started from seeds. I thinned them down today. |
 |
| The old garden |
 |
| Sunflowers, four tomato plants and geraniums |
 |
| From left to right ~ blueberry bush, strawberry plant, a pot of chives and basil (hoping the bees that love the chives will pollinate the blueberry bushes) and a tomato plant |
 |
| Lots of broccoli started from seeds in my greenhouse and then transplanted |
 |
| Cucumbers started from seeds. I thinned these out today. |
 |
| Blueberries and strawberries |
And yesterday I couldn't resist buying some potted tulips and Easter lilies that were on clearance. I know that, statistically, they won't rebloom next Spring because they are forced blooms out of season and they haven't had their 15 or so weeks of 35-50 degree ground temps. But, they sure look pretty right now and, who knows,
maybe I'll get lucky!!
I haven't potted my many, many flower pots yet this year because the weather has been a
taaaaaaaaadddddd unpredictable! I hope to get all that done next weekend. And here is what is waiting to help me out when I am ready to get started!
My husband bought this for me last week. Let's just say I have gotten
lots of things for Mother's Day this year. He keeps saying, "But didn't I get you {insert previously purchased item here} for Mother's Day already?" I can't wait to see what he has for me
ON Mother's Day! The pre-Mother's-Day gifts have been awesome!
Hopefully I am eating some fresh vegetables when I post my next update. Until then, you can go salivate over the other gardens at
The Homeschool Village's Garden Challenge.
I love your garden! It is going to be gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI scared my hubs and told him Mother's Day is this Sunday - he went into panic mode. It was so much fun to watch him squirm. He is really a GREAT hubby and Daddy - so I really wouldn't complain, even if he did forget! But, it was so much fun to watch him start squirming.
Blessings,
Lana @ ilovemy5kids
What a sweet husband :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, I love being in my garden as well. My husband says I only like it to get away from our son, lol.
Your garden space is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great! Make sure you keep posting pictures as it grows!
ReplyDelete