Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The sun is shining and the wind has died down a bit since 5:00 this morning when I was taking one of the puppies out to potty. It's supposed to rain for about 10 days straight. Yuck.

I am thinking... about the remainder of this school year, and next.

I am thankful ... that Kyndal made it home from Missouri without running out of gas. Hilarious story!

I am wearing... a pair of denim capris, a green plaid shirt and moccasins.

I am planning... our Easter activities.

I am creating... a stink-free house. You know how you come home from a long weekend, or more, and the second you walk in your house it just stinks! I could smell the remnants of a year with four puppies (now dogs) and it grossed me out. Rick and I threw away EVERY SINGLE AREA RUG in our downstairs and went and bought new ones. I have mopped and steam cleaned with vinegar and bought new air fresheners. I guess we are just used to it, but I feel sorry for anybody who comes over for a visit! I am a woman on a mission!

I am going... to go fill out the documents to have Brynne tested for the public school gifted program (at the recommendation of the school) so that if we should decide to put her back into public school in the future, her testing will already by complete.

I am reading...  Mrs. Ike: Memories and Reflections on the Life of Mamie Eisenhower by Susan Eisenhower,  Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional), The Swiss Family Robinson by  Johann Wyss (Dawson's read-aloud, almost done), and lots of Easter books with Brynne.

I am hoping... that I find some useful and cheap books today at the Used Homeschool Book Sale.

From the learning rooms... Only six more weeks of school until our summer break, and we are feeling it!

Noticing that ... Kyndal is all-of-a-sudden a completely different person. She grew up overnight.

From the kitchen... still doing lots of grilling.

Around the house... are more pretty additions ... new couch pillows, new rugs, new chairs and pillows for our patio set. Love it!

One of my favorite things... my back porch. It's that time of year again when I just can't get enough of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today I am going to a used book sale hoping to snag some good deals. Tomorrow Quincy has a "spa" appointment. On Friday Eli has his egg hunt at school and Rick and I are going out to dinner with some friends for a birthday. Saturday is Free Land Fill Day, so we will be doing some extreme purging! (That would be a fun reality show!) And Sunday we will celebrate Easter.

From my picture journal.
This is only one of the sweet little guys occupying a nest in our tree.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



3 comments:

  1. Envious of the back porch. I wore flip flops today just because the sun was out and I am just done with winter! Well, it was 53 degrees and my toes froze, but I am determined Spring will come soon.

    Wishing your family a beautiful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your back porch. I'm trying to convince Grant to turn our sun porch into a deck!
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words on my post. It has been hard, but I have found peace in knowing she is not suffering anymore & she is with the Lord & her mother/father/brother now.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!