Friday, April 1, 2011

A Solution ...

First of all, thank you for all of the recommendations for how to take care of Brynne's poopin' problem from yesterday.

Here's how the day "came out" ...

I was so stressed in the afternoon and I called Rick crying. I knew I needed to make her a doctor's appointment and also knew what they were going to do to remedy the situation. A manual extraction of a rectal impaction can be described in one word: AWFUL. Yeah, and Brynne was going to hate it, too.

My next door neighbor is a pediatrician, and I hate to call her for free medical advice. But, I was desperate. She told me to give her Miralax. I told her I had been doing that for four days. She told me I needed to give her an enema. Yuck.

So, I picked one up at Walmart and came home to bribe Brynne with a new Barbie try to persuade Brynne that we just needed get it over with. We did the enema. She hated it. I hated it. And we waited. No explosive need to go poop like the package said. My stress level increased. "Oh no," I thought. "This isn't working."

After about five minutes I made her go sit on the potty. She expelled a bunch of little ones, but that was it. She had been doing that for a week.

Over the course of the next 5 hours she visited the potty about 10 times. She told me she knew there was a round one that was in the way and then the big one would come.

Seriously, I was worn out by the time she went to bed. Right before she turned in for the night she yelled that she had passed the round one. It was a little smaller than a golf ball, and round, and hard because it immediately sunk. She was excited!

She went to bed. I went to bed.

I was reading a book when she screamed, "Mommy!" It scared me so bad that I literally about fell out of bed! I jumped up and ran out of my room and there she was, in the bathroom (again). She screamed, "I did it!" And, oh boy, did she! I couldn't have been more excited than if Vin Diesel himself had just walked into my house, embraced me and told me that he brought me a brand new car.

I screamed. She screamed. We hugged. We high-fived. We hugged again. I went to get daddy (who was hitting golf balls into his net in the garage). We grouped hugged. They high-fived. We thanked Jesus. She fist pumped and said, "Yes, yes, yes!"

And then she said, "Now I won't have any problems tomorrow. And I am so glad because I have a really busy day."

And she does.

The stress of the situation over the past few days must have been greater than I thought because I slept so good last night and I feel so rested today. And I bet Brynne did too.

The end. (I hope.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole, I am so . . . speechless? First let me say that I know this has not been funny at all to you I am sure, but this post is hilarious!

    And yesterday I finally figured out why I'm not getting your posts, Hello, you weren't in my feed! Your old blog was. But of course the first thing that pops up is about poop, and I took a double take. . . "Is Nicole really writing about poop?" Umm, yes she is!

    And I also LOVE YOU for posting all that, because as you probably know, I'd feel so weird posting this. But that's why I love you! You're sooo real!

    Hope Brynne is feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!