Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The sun is shining so brightly, and it's going to be a beautiful day!

I am thinking... about summer activities.

I am thankful ... that my brother and sister-in-law are recovering from their miscarriage and taking steps of healing.

I am wearing... a pair of denim capris, flip flops and a pink t-shirt with a panda on it.

I am planning... what I am going to say when I speak at the Mother Daughter Banquet at my mom's church next month. The theme is "Clean".

I am creating... ideas for Brynne and Eli's birthday parties that aren't until August and December! Yes, psycho, I know.

I am going... into town today to get my nails done. They are WAY overdue.

I am reading...  Mrs. Ike: Memories and Reflections on the Life of Mamie Eisenhower by Susan Eisenhower,  Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional), The Swiss Family Robinson by  Johann Wyss (Dawson's read-aloud, almost done), and lots of Easter books with Brynne.

I am hoping... that the easy-going-ness of my family right now just continues on forever and ever.

From the learning rooms... We are just continuing with what we were doing last week. Brynne and I are outdoors a lot, going on nature walks as part of her Easter studies. Dawson is learning about Explorers and the Ocean. Eli is so ready for summer to get here! And Kyndal, too.

Noticing that ... my dogs are yelping out in the pool house because they want me to let them in and feed them their breakfast.

From the kitchen... not much is happening because the grill is working overtime outside on the back porch!!!

Around the house... my garden is planted, the ornamental gardens are complete, and dandelions are everywhere .. urgh!!!

One of my favorite things... is my new barbeque grill. This is the first time I have had one and I LOVE it! I have been grilling up a storm.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today is Kyndal's boyfriend's 16th birthday. Happy Birthday, Drake! So she is spending the evening with his family. We will be just hanging out at home, as usual, until Eli's afternoon program on Thursday. We are all going to see him play the caterpillar in "A Caterpillar's Voice". Kyndal works two nights this week. On Friday at noon the kids and I are heading to Missouri. Kyndal will be picking up her very first car! And then her and Dawson are driving on to their paternal grandparents' to help them celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. The littles and I will spend the weekend with my parents. My mom and I have refrigerator magnets to make for favors for the Mother Daughter Banquet. Poor Rick is staying home with all four dogs. Thank you, honey! You guys can all just snuggle to keep from missing us too bad!

From my picture journal.

This could be one reason why we have dandelions everywhere!


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!