Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meet My Garden ~ 2011

According to the Farmers' Almanac, today was the day (or one of) to plant the majority of a vegetable garden. And that's exactly what I did. And I am exhausted!!

But I had my little helper with me almost every step of the way. Brynne followed behind me and watered after I planted. While she was waiting she went around and watered new bushes and flowers. She told me that now when she grows up she is going to be lots of things: a pilot, a mommy, a teacher, and a gardener. She was such a big help, and excited, too! So far she has planted her own petunias, a pot of impatiens and a pot of gerber daisies. She picked them all out herself, planted them and has watered them every day. I don't think she's done with her planting yet, either.

Here is what we got planted today.

Here is my old bed. It has sunflowers (for free bird seed in the winter), blueberries, strawberries, cucumbers, some zinnias from last year, broccoli, more blueberries, more strawberries, several tomato plants and sunflowers again. I also have marigolds lining the bed in front of the tomatoes.



Here is my new bed. It has corn, green peppers, jalapenos, carrots, lettuce, spinach, zucchini and squash.



Oh how I can't wait to see these veggies and fruits grow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a productive day! Don't you love it when the litte ones are so eager to help out. I cannot wait to see the progress. We are actually doing ours next weekend! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!