Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wine Wednesdays
Four kids, housework, four dogs, Rick's golf passion, yard work, my t.v. schedule, the fact I can't stay up past 9 p.m., and so on ... it doesn't make for a very good date night schedule for Rick and I!
My friend Jen at Frugal Fabulous posted an idea yesterday called "Wine Wednesday". She told how her and her husband set the kids up with a movie and popcorn every Wednesday evening and retire to their study with wine and cheese for some alone time.
It occurred to me that we make an absolute point to make sure our family has donuts and chocolate milk for Sunday morning. In fact we will make a special trip into town to get it if we haven't already. So there isn't any reason why I can't make it a priority on Wednesdays to go into town to get Rick and I a special treat of wine and cheeses.
So that's what I did today. I went and bought us a sweet red wine, some artichoke and garlic hummus with pita chips, mediterranean cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese, and some strawberries. When he got home from work we told the kids we were going on a "back porch date" and went out, alone, to enjoy our wine, cheeses and fruit. We talked and laughed!
It was a short date. My neighbor came out so we could discuss our two youngest daughters, I needed to get the kids in the bath and Rick needed to get to mowing.
But, it was nice to intentionally make time for each other.
And the wine wasn't half bad either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first Wine Wednesday. Hopefully the neighbor will leave you alone next time :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about how we make sure our kids have little "treats" here-and-there. We need to do the same for our hubbies.
ReplyDeleteGreat Idea! I think I'll work on a little Wine Wednesday myself. (I'm just glad I didn't see this post too late. It's only 3:30 here)
That is a great idea! I don't drink wine, but I definitely love the idea!
ReplyDelete