Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The Ultimate Blog Party
There's a party going on at 5 Minutes for Mom, and I'm attending.
And I don't even have to leave the comfort of my own home. Now that's my kind of party! I'm a homebody. That's the first thing you should know about me.
Taulman Times was originally started in 2008 as a way to keep my family and out-of-state friends apprised of the Times of the Taulman Family. Over the years, however, it has morphed into more of a place for me to talk about what makes me tick and what ticks me off. It's something that is all mine. I love to write and this blog gives me a place to do it.
In recent years I have also started two other blogs ~ Taulman Times: Special Edition, that chronicles the kids, and Journey to Excellence, that chronicles Dawson and Brynne's homeschool journey.
Who are we? We are Rick and Nicole Taulman. We will be married 10 years this summer.
We moved to Oklahoma in 2001 with my two children, Kyndal and Dawson. A few years later we added Eli and Brynne to our family. Rick is an engineer. I am a stay-at-home wife and mom, and now homeschool teacher to Dawson and Brynne. Occasionally I get the opportunity to write business law curriculum for online courses for Christian universities. Out of our children we have a typical girl, a typical boy, a non-typical girl and a non-typical boy. They are as different as the changes of the seasons, but strangely similar. They are great kids.
We are a work-in-progress in every area of our life. Our marriage, parenting, faith, family, home, careers and personal growths are constantly growing and changing. I think we have finally come to terms with the fact that things will never be "right". We just have to keep adapting.
My favorite things include anything that lies within the confounds of this home, especially the people and furry people within it. I love coffee, being in my pj's by early evening (heck, afternoon if I can get away with it), taking care of my family, planning, teaching, watching t.v., going out to eat with my husband, traveling and exploring, reading and gardening. I like to be alone, don't have many friends, definitely don't need girl time, and like to spend time with my mom, although that doesn't happen near often enough. Basically, I love my life. Really, I don't think I would change much of it if I had the chance, except to maybe be able to buy a little farm where I could roam even more. That is my life-long dream. I want to go to Greece someday, and I look forward to that time in my life when Rick is able to semi-retire and play all the golf he wants while I stay home and piddle and love on my dogs. We are a pretty simple group.
So, this is us. If you want to get to know others, head over to 5 Minutes for Mom. There are thousands of links to 'get-to-know-you' posts and I am certain you will find some ladies who are almost just like you who might end up being some of your best friends.
I hope some of you ladies have found that in me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great post! Those kiddos of yours are adorable. Congrats on your 10 year anniversary too. Now following from the UBP. http://tvstake.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteGlad to "see" you at the party. I've been limiting my screen time so I haven't been blog-hopping as much as I'd like. I do know there are some fabulous bloggers out there partying as well.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are precious! I love how Dawson & Brynne have the same smile as does Kyndal & Eli. (How'd you do that? LOL)
Nice too meet you. I'm just like you,this is the only party that I can attend ,at least I don't feel oblige to talk to everyone. :)
ReplyDeleteVisiting you thru UBP and I'm now your latest follower.
My UBP 2011
Great post Nicole! I'm such a homebody too. I love all your blogs. Have to catch up when I can now. ;) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteRhonda
I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.
ReplyDelete