January
This past January gave Oklahoma record snow totals! We were snowed in for over two weeks and we couldn't have been happier! Along with that came some sickness, too, but we just hunkered down for a long winter's rest ... and lots of sledding!
February
Kyndal had her winter formal and she looked so chic! We took some fun pictures. I had the opportunity to write my first college level business law course, and it was so fun! Rick and Dawson took a fun trip out to Reno, Nevada, to visit Rick's family and do some skiing.
March
We took our first of many vacations to my parents' house in Pensacola, Florida. It was a wonderful vacation. Kyndal started her first job at Sonic, got her driver's license, and got accepted to Vo-Tech Cosmetology school.
April
Brynne and I got our garden planted. Eli had a part in his class musical, "The Caterpillar's Voice", as the caterpillar. Kyndal got her first car. Spring sprung and Brynne and I started getting into some nature studies.
May
Tornadoes blew through Oklahoma giving us a couple of scares and causing death and havoc in nearby towns. Brynne and I got inspired to recycle. Rick and I went to watch a professional golf tournament called The Patriot Cup. I spoke at my childhood church's Mother Daughter Banquet. I enjoyed a perfect Mother's Day. We finished our first year of homeschooling!
June
We moved my grandma into a nursing home. We spent a rare family day going to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory. We started attending a new church. Rick and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and Rick celebrated his 41st birthday. Dawson went to Missouri to work with papa and help my parents move.
July
Rick and I took an anniversary trip back to Springfield, Missouri, where we met. Oklahoma hit another weather record, this time with record heat temps! It was a miserable summer! My sister, niece, Kyndal and I went to the Backstreet Boys/New Kids on the Block concert! My parents sold their big house in the country and moved to a small house on Main Street in Small Town, Missouri.
August
I turned ** gulp ** 40. We started school again, including a second year of homeschooling Dawson and Brynne. Kyndal started cosmetology school. Eli lost his two front teeth. Brynne turned 6 and celebrated with a skating party. Rick left his company and moved into another industry.
September
Rick and I went to the OSU game in Tulsa and a monsoon came in that caused the stadium to be evacuated before the game even started. We made a trip to my parents' for the kids to see their new house. Eli and Brynne started their Boys and Girls Clubs. Dawson started weekly guitar lessons.
October
We had a fun Halloween with Captain America and a ladybug. Dawson celebrated his 15th birthday! We found and took care of a stray dog for a few days until her owner called. We went to the zoo with Eli's class. Eli walked 20 laps at his Walk-a-thon. We went to the State Fair. We made a trip to the pumpkin patch.
November
I went on a new annual trip to Canton, Texas, with my mom and aunt. Rick went back to his old company, but to a different department. I finally lost some weight I have been wanting to lose. Kyndal turned 17. Rick spent Thanksgiving with his family in Nevada. The little kids and I had the quietest Thanksgiving in history. We went on a field trip to see life-size replicas of the Nina and Pinta.
December
We hosted our first annual Homeschool Co-op Ugly Sweater Christmas party for the parents. We went to hear the Tulsa Bell Ringers and visit Santa Claus. Kyndal moved out and then moved to Missouri to live with her dad. We celebrated a warm and quiet Christmas. Eli celebrated his 8th birthday with a Wii birthday party. Brynne sang at her Homeschool Co-op's Christmas program. Rick started on his solo trip to Arizona to watch the OSU Cowboys play in the Fiesta Bowl.
Looking back I realize it was a big year for Kyndal. The rest of us seemed to be trying to find our place and eventually cycling back to where we began. I guess this means we are where we are meant to be for now.
So, this year, we will do our best to take one day at a time and enjoy our place in life, wherever that may be. We are blessed and we should appreciate and enjoy it.
I pray that you have a 2012 full of contentment.
God Bless.











What an awesome post!! Sounds like a really great year :)
ReplyDeleteI know there were a few downs for you, but overall, it seems like you and your family had a good year. Here's to a great 2012!
ReplyDelete