Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lake Day

Three very exciting things happened this past weekend! First, my precious niece, Ashtyn, was born. The second thing I just can't reveal yet. And, the third was that my little two went to my parents' lake house for the FIRST time!


I have somehow managed to not disclose to Eli and Brynne that my parents have a lake house. I don't really like the lake, and the hassle of having two little ones there did not appeal to me. Several weeks ago I "slipped up" and mentioned Grandma and Papa's lake house. And Brynne said, "They have a lake house?" And I knew I was doomed.


So, since we were going to Missouri to see the baby, we combined it with an overnight trip to the lake.

They swam ...


jumped off the swim docks ...


rode the waverunner with Kyndal ...



fished ...


and went for a ride in the boat. (I didn't get any pictures of that.)

And then my favorite lake time activity occurred ... IT STARTED RAINING! Coming from 105 degree temps to a cool front of about 75-80 degrees was AMAZING!


Needless-to-say, we will be making many more trips to the lake in our future. They LOVED it and had the best time! I could hear Eli squealing from the middle of the lake when he was on the waverunner. And Brynne instantly made friends with a little girl her age a few houses down. And, I even had fun experiencing their joy.

It was an exhausting, but fun weekend.


2 comments:

  1. We live only 5 miles from a lake. I've wanted a boat for years, but my hubs isn't quite convinced yet. I'm going to keep working on convincing him...lol. Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!