Outside my window... the temps are a tad lower today. It was a perfect day for swimming at a friend's.
I am thinking... about how life can turn you in a completely different direction in the blink of an eye.
I am thankful ... for a crazy, yet exciting, opportunity.
I am wearing... a gray Aeropostale t-shirt, jean shorts, gray flip flops.
I am planning... this week's school lessons on the Continental Drift.
I am creating... lists of things that need to go, need to stay, need to be purchased.
I am going... to give up on reading the books I have right now. I just do not have time.
I am reading...nothing, unfortunately except The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. No time for anything else.
I am hoping... that it all continues to work out the way it has so far, and that everyone finds peace (and maybe even some excitement) with it.
From the learning rooms... We are going to spend the next three days learning about the Continental Drift and plate tectonics in anticipation of the new Ice Age movie. We'll do reading, hands-on activities, and a field trip.
Noticing that ... there are some opportunities that you just cannot ignore.
From the kitchen... Tonight we are having Cheesy Broccoli Rigatoni. Tomorrow it will be FFY (Fend for Yourself) for the kids while Rick and I go out to dinner. On Thursday I am going to make some tilapia. Friday it's hot dogs and brats. Saturday we are having easy grilled tuna and cheese sandwiches. And on Sunday I am going to make a family favorite of chicken and noodles.
Around the house... are rooms screaming to be purged.
One of my favorite things... is looking in my rearview mirror while I am driving and watching the facial expressions of my kids. They always looks so peaceful and angelic.
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are going to do some housework, some schooling, and some organizing for "this thing" I keep eluding to. Soon, I hope to be able to reveal what it is..
I am hoping... that it all continues to work out the way it has so far, and that everyone finds peace (and maybe even some excitement) with it.
From the learning rooms... We are going to spend the next three days learning about the Continental Drift and plate tectonics in anticipation of the new Ice Age movie. We'll do reading, hands-on activities, and a field trip.
Noticing that ... there are some opportunities that you just cannot ignore.
From the kitchen... Tonight we are having Cheesy Broccoli Rigatoni. Tomorrow it will be FFY (Fend for Yourself) for the kids while Rick and I go out to dinner. On Thursday I am going to make some tilapia. Friday it's hot dogs and brats. Saturday we are having easy grilled tuna and cheese sandwiches. And on Sunday I am going to make a family favorite of chicken and noodles.
Around the house... are rooms screaming to be purged.
One of my favorite things... is looking in my rearview mirror while I am driving and watching the facial expressions of my kids. They always looks so peaceful and angelic.
A few plans for the rest of the week... We are going to do some housework, some schooling, and some organizing for "this thing" I keep eluding to. Soon, I hope to be able to reveal what it is..
From my picture journal.
We are completely in love with this new addition to our family.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Ahhh, the great purge. You know I've been there / done that recently. You'll feel so . much . better once the shock wears off and you get down to the nitty gritty. ;) Anxiously awaiting ...
ReplyDeleteI binged and purged the house 1 room a week from the start of spring and just finished. Had to do it that way since we are only allowed 2 bags of trash a week in the trash can.
ReplyDeleteAnxiously awaiting the possible good news :) hope it's Kyndal is moving back home.