Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it's pitch black outside. It's late.

I am thinking... about how amazing our new house looks now that almost every room has been completely repainted! Crazy transformation in 2 1/2 days.

I am thankful ... for all the help I'm getting on the renovations at our house. I'd still be painting trim if it were just me.

I am wearing... my pjs and sore joints from painting.

I am planning...  Brynne's birthday party.
 
I am creating... pretty walls, trim, and doors!

I am going... to get up early in the morning and go clean the new house so that my dad can put down the new tile in the kitchen tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

I am reading...The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv and The House at Tyneford by  Natasha Solomons. There's not much reading going on this week. But, I am reading all of the Schoolhouse Review Crew Back to Homeschool Blog Hop entries (when I get a spare minute).

I am hoping... that the new floors turn out as beautiful as the new paint.

From the learning rooms...We are doing school at Grandma and Papa's this week. It's been hard to squeeze in school time, but we are managing.

Noticing that ... in 30 minutes it will be my birthday.

From the kitchen... I just had some of my mom's famous No Bake Cookies. They are best when they are warm and gooey!!

Around the house... are paint cans, paint brushes, tools, step stools, a toilet in the bedroom, blow up mattresses on the floor. It's messy chaos, but a complete transformation is in the works.

One of my favorite things... bonding with family members. My mom, aunt, and I have been doing all the painting. I have kidded with them that we should go into business flipping houses. I came up with a name of the show we should pitch to HGTV .... Three Flippin' Women. I think it would be a hit!

A few plans for the rest of the week... finish painting, get schoolwork done with Eli and Brynne, get my hair cut and colored (yay!), snuggle with my baby niece, stain and seal hardwood floors.

From my picture journal.


Remember this "Before" picture of our new living room and dining room? Yeah. It doesn't look like that anymore.

If you want to see the "After" pictures, then make sure you sign up for an invite to continue to view this blog after it goes Private this Friday, August 3rd. Leave me a comment with your e-mail address, or e-mail me directly at taulmans@netzero.net.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



8 comments:

  1. I absolutely WOULD watch "Three Flippin Women"!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair making us wait to see the after photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope your day is fabulous!!

    I know it is so exciting to see the transformation! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!