Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is another miserable, steaming hot Oklahoma summer day. We did get a small reprieve yesterday with a quick soaking rain.

I am thinking... about how unorganized I feel about our upcoming school year (that starts in less than 3 weeks).

I am thankful ... that Rick's back is almost completely healed.

I am wearing... gray sweat capris, a Grand Teton National Park t-shirt and gray flip flops.

I am planning...  for my planning day on Friday. My friend Megan and I are going to spend the day trying to get better prepared for school.
 
I am creating... 4th of July activities for tomorrow. We are having a school day! (Only a homeschooler, right?)

I am going... to do some cleaning today and, hopefully, some READING!

I am reading...  Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel by Deborah Moggach (SOOO good!), Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (Lord willing, I will be able to read some today.)

I am hoping... that my sister gets good news at her doctor's appointment today. Hoping for that baby niece to arrive in the next couple of days!

From the learning rooms... We have actually accomplished a bit this week, so far. Yesterday both kids read for about 30 minutes. I am going to have them read some more today. Then we are planning to go back to Bass Pro Shop for to attend the Camping workshop this afternoon. And tomorrow we are logging a school day by learning all about Independence Day.

Noticing that ... the type of food you feed your pets really affects their health. No more cheap food for any other them.

From the kitchen... tonight it's Calzones! (FYI .. I usually have excellent luck with Aldi brand foods. In fact, some of their brands we actually prefer over name brands. But their large "take and bake" pizzas by Mama Cozzi are YUCK! Dawson said they remind him of the pizza at Boy Scout Camp. I am hoping to redeem myself with homemade Calzones tonight.)

Around the house... are pots full of pretty flowers and greenery. Despite the heat, everything still looks so lush and pretty. I've got to keep on top of the watering, though.

One of my favorite things... is watching Dawson work hard this summer and earn money. He is showing himself to have such an incredible work ethic and I know that his boss is thrilled that he hired him. The work is hard, but the rewards are great.

A few plans for the rest of the week... This afternoon we are heading back to Bass Pro Shop for another workshop! Tomorrow is the 4th with Dawson working and the little kids having a school day (it will be fun, I promise). On Thursday Dawson has his only day off this week, and his buddy Wesley is coming over for a couple of days. On Friday I am spending the day with my friend getting organized for our upcoming school year. And then we are headed to Missouri that evening to see the new baby (hopefuly she'll be here) and go to my parents' lakehouse.

From my picture journal.


Some splash pad fun to beat the heat.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!