Disappointment is an ugly thing, especially two weeks before Christmas ... disappointment in people, disappointment in circumstances, disappointment in my own actions and attitudes. Yuck.
And then I look at the faces of these kids and feel so ashamed for letting it ruin their Christmas. I hear Dawson say how excited he is for Christmas and I wonder "why?"
Dawson has a t-shirt that says, "Who are you calling Grinch?" Well, that would be me, and Rick. I think I should have been born a bear. I just feel like hibernating ... waking up when days are sunnier and brighter. (And I'm not talking about the weather.)
So, what do I do? How do I get out of this funk? It seems to get worse and worse despite my intentions for it to get better and better. I do not want my children to look back on their childhoods and have sad or indifferent feelings about the Christmas season.
I'm just going through the motions this year. I want to not just act happy, but to be happy! I need some help. Does anybody have any suggestions? Please.
When I've had a "blue" episode, I TRY to focus on the good things in my life....AND put in perspective what's bringing me down and use my imagination to think of how much WORSE it could be.
ReplyDeleteNo GREAT words of wisdom but honestly what I do...and more times than not, it works.
Cry when you want to...be mad when you want to....but don't let actions that are out of your control rule your life. Not only do the children living under your roof deserve a nice holiday, so do you and Rick!
I don't have any ideas, I'm praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine having one of my girls move out, it would be like ripping my heart out.
I hope and pray she comes around and moves back home.I hope and pray that you find some peace and happiness.
thinking of you guys
Have a wonderful balling, eyes burning cry sometimes it's a great stress reliever.
There was a quote on pinterest that I love
ReplyDeleteWhat if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked god for yesterday.
So think of all you have to be thankful for and get those hugs from your kids. Kid hugs do wonders!
Oh, how I wish I had something profound to say to help you. I am still praying for you. Trust in the Lord that there is an end in sight to the sadness and you will be feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteMaybe this is the year to start a new tradition. Go to a Christmas play; a different town to see the lights; make special ornaments. Something to help them focus on "remember when we started ..." instead of remembering the sad part. I hope that makes sense.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
ReplyDeleteYou have no control over other people's actions or words. You do have control of your own though. Make a choice to trust God, praise Him in all circumstances, cast your cares and worries on Him, and choose Joy.
God loves you so much!