Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... Looks like a pre-snow winter day. There is a chance of flurries today.

I am thinking... about how I could use a good night's sleep! Brynne was up sick all night Saturday night. Sunday night I didn't sleep well with drainage and coughing. And last night I woke up with searing pain in my neck and couldn't hardly move my head. I can feel a spot in my spine that is strained. It must be affecting my neck.

I am thankful ... for the sacrifices that families make with a family member on active duty. Check back tomorrow for some tearjerker video links!

I am wearing... A sherpa-lined, fur-collared hoodie, jeans, and brown Sperry's.

I am planning...  Eli's birthday party that is in two weeks (my last event of 2011!!!).
 
I am creating... Invitations for Eli's party, cake ideas, goodie bag lists, snack food lists.

I am going... to work really diligently all day today so that I can get to relaxing early tonight.

I am reading...  Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (Dawson's read-a-loud), The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson.

I am hoping... that the flu bug is gone for the season!

From the learning rooms... Brynne continues with Christmas themed studies. Dawson is working on Energy (protons, electrons, ions) and will be spending the rest of this week and next digging deep into Slavery. On Wednesday we are going to Tulsa to attend a bell choir concert with our Co-op. On Friday we will have our regular Co-op classes. When we are home we will be in the books! Eli is studying Christmas around the world at school. Kyndal is trying to recover from a blow in English.

Noticing that ... there is a huuuuuge red cardinal sitting on the wicker stool right outside my back window. I love this time of year when the cardinals are so stark a contrast to the dreary colors of winter.

From the kitchen... This will be a recurring issue that is going to come up that I need to find a way to deal with. I plan meals and grocery shop every two weeks. I typically make well-balanced meals of a wide variety that are good as leftovers, so that Rick can take them to work the next day. When he is on a business trip, I cook a little more toned down (more kid-friendly) because the kids typically are not overly excited about what I am cooking when he is here. (I always make sure there is something in our meal that the kids like, even if they don't like all of the main dish.) But his business trips come up "on short notice" and I've already got my meals planned and ingredients purchased. This week he'll be gone through Thursday night, so what do I fix the kids? Last night we had Meatball Subs (that I had already planned). Tonight we are going to have Calzones, that we didn't get to this past weekend, instead of Baked Salisbury Steak. We'll still do Fend for Yourself on Wednesday night because that actually means Pizza Rolls and the kids always look forward to it. (Man, we are having a pizza theme this week.) And I had Turkey and Noodles scheduled for Thursday night, but I'll want to do something different and save that for Rick, so I think we'll have Breakfast for Dinner. I need to have a few things purchased that the kids love so that when Rick has to travel at the last minute, I'm not fixing a meal that I'm ultimately eating alone or so that I don't feel tempted to serve cereal every night or grab fast food. The good news is that I have two meals all ready to go next week, since we won't be having them this week.

Around the house... our Christmas lights are up and our house looks so pretty! I truly think our house is the prettiest one in our subdivision at Christmas.

One of my favorite things... is my time in the evening after all the kids go to bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Nothing today. Tomorrow we are going to the bell choir concert and possibly to see Santa. Nothing on Thursday. Rick will be coming home that evening. We don't have any plans this weekend, which is great with me. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend at home!

From my picture journal.
Me and my good-sport-of-a-husband at our Homeschool Co-op Ugly Christmas Sweater party.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rest. It sounds like you need it. Praying wellness over your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweaters!
    I hope you get some sleep, and that the pain is gone!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!