Monday evening I spent some time watching Military Homecoming videos. If you can't be moved by the sight of children breaking down at seeing their moms and dads return from overseas, then you just don't have feelings. I was crying so hard that I couldn't even see through my tears to watch the whole video. I had to keep pausing it to wipe my eyes. The ones that REALLY got me were the videos of the dogs reacting to the return of their owners. I guess I hadn't ever really stopped and thought about how hard it must be on a dog to be separated from his or her owner for a long period of time because of the call of the military. Anyway, if you would like to watch some extremely moving videos, click here.
I went ahead and posted the doggy one for you.
What a fine shape you have me in now!!! Mascara running all over the files on my desk!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey make me cry, too. The owner/dog reunions are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteBeen There Done that as a child happy her dad is home for a "secret" mission that took a long long time!
ReplyDeleteBeen There Done that as a girlfriend scared to death he wouldn't come home.
they are sad and I wish more people would watch them. I also wish more people would remember that Even if you don't Support the War you can and NEED to Support the Troops! They are the whole reason we lay down their life each and every single day so we can be safe and live in the country with the freedoms we do!
OK sorry this got so winded! you touch a place in my heart! :)
Shannon